Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite time of year.

Default Favorite time of year.

I have been hitting the lake up predawn ,pre dusk,between 12am and 4am,for nada.
    Lot of short ,what seems like territorial strikes but no takers.
    I tried sizing down to a ratl trap in chrome and white thinking my lures are too big....snagged a trout....
    My usual go to of tossing Sammy's
    Redfin's and tandem rigged flukes is not working .
    Maybe it's time to go bigger and move location?????

TOPWATER! It's back, shhhh don't tell anyone.....

See I skip a few days and look what happens

Yep funny year for sure. Thought it was over, then it came back. Most days I'm getting them, some days more and bigger fish but dinks are everywhere.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yep funny year for sure. Thought it was over, then it came back. Most days I'm getting them, some days more and bigger fish but dinks are everywhere.
    Darn...and I missed them on most of my trips this year...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Thanks for the update guys...are you getting them in the am or pm? seal, are you getting any on the big baits?

Thanks for the intel.

The plants came early now this is week 4 with no plants, not sure if ones scheduled this week or not yet. The norm is at least every 2 weeks but the local hatchery has been closed and is not scheduled to have stock size trout until early next year, at least that's the last I heard, so I think fish are coming from Filmore??? Anyways I haven't had that swimbait urge for a couple weeks and went back to topwater for the stockers, haven't heard of too many big fish coming out although anecdotal reports of the occasional swimbait fish.

Glad DVL is doing well should keep the masses away for when swimbait fishing does turn on.

Just checked no stocking scheduled this week and the last any were scheduled was week of 11/19 in Silverwoods region. Kwin????????
    Last edited by seal; 11-21-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Update: Hearing rumors of a trout shortage, no surprise with Mohave shut down, I think they are behind schedule too, might take a drive over there to take a look.

Still no plant huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast