Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irvine to re-open

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    This is BAD news. Irvine Company are a greedy bunch and will have it privatized with luxury apartments or homes on it very quickly.
    What's wrong with private entities privatizing what used to be available to the public?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ment-secretary

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    What's wrong with private entities privatizing what used to be available to the public?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ment-secretary
    Hey hey! Zinke's making America great again!

By the way - aren't there some lightning trout you should be snagging?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Hey hey! Zinke's making America great again!

By the way - aren't there some lightning trout you should be snagging?
    Those were Steelhead.

Hmmph.

When the Irvine Co. donated the lake and 1400 acre around it to the county in 2014, the Irvine Co. stipulated that it could never be developed.
    Last edited by Doghunter; 03-12-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghunter View Post
    When the Irvine Co. donated the lake and 1400 acre around it to the county in 2014, the Irvine Co. stipulated that it could never be developed.
    Only the actual lake itself was given to the county for water purposes. The land from the banks on is still irvine co. They can build all they want. The deeds came across my desk at work, this is how I know this. I have not seen any plans or new housing tracts there yet, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrocker53 View Post
    Only the actual lake itself was given to the county for water purposes. The land from the banks on is still irvine co. They can build all they want. The deeds came across my desk at work, this is how I know this. I have not seen any plans or new housing tracts there yet, but who knows.
    That's very interesting!! However, let's play what if?? What if they did decide to build housing around the lake, but did not gain access to the lake for the community of houses. No access to use the lake, makes those property's not as appealing as say a Mission Vijeo lake property.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-14-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's very interesting!! However, let's play what if?? What if they did decide to build housing around the lake, but did not gain access to the lake for the community of houses. No access to use the lake, makes those property's not as appealing as say a Mission Vieo lake property.
    Oh they will have access easments I'm sure. It's a reservoir, so of course it will be owned by the county.

ok I double checked. Not ALL of it is owned by the IC most is still owned by county and water district. IC owns some of the land along the southeast portion of the lake.

At this point I'm just assuming it goes the way of Villa Park reservoir. Just a water reservoir, low liability... No public access, strictly water storage. It is the top of the chain that ends with Villa Park reservoir. Low cost and low liability. make a little coin off that mess of a storage place.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    At this point I'm just assuming it goes the way of Villa Park reservoir. Just a water reservoir, low liability... No public access, strictly water storage. It is the top of the chain that ends with Villa Park reservoir. Low cost and low liability. make a little coin off that mess of a storage place.
    I'm hoping for better. Obviously there is hard headed people on both sides who won't comprise a solution to allow access to the public. What I'm hoping for in time, these people move on to other things and are replaced with "New Blood." Hopefully the new people are willingly to work together and come up with an agreement that both sides can live with. The public could sure use another great recreational area so close to the people.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-14-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast