Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Irvine to re-open

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm hoping for better. Obviously there is hard headed people on both sides who won't comprise a solution to allow access to the public. What I'm hoping for in time, these people move on to other things and are replaced with "New Blood." Hopefully the new people are willingly to work together and come up with an agreement that both sides can live with. The public could sure use another great recreational area so close to the people.
    Oh believe me, I am with ya! I miss this place... I drive by it everyday, to and from work. I hate not seeing people fishing out there!

the only reason irvine lake even survived was because of that colorado river water piping in forage and preventing stunting.

maybe cutting the ridiculous fees and not feeding the fish wouldve made people like irvine more :P that lake didnt need supplemental feeding, there was ample forage.

Are we still talking about this?

Can't we get the homes built already so I can buy one and flip it a year later?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Are we still talking about this?

Can't we get the homes built already so I can buy one and flip it a year later?
    I suspect the ninja fishing expeditions are alive and well at Irvine. Irvine lake, Anaheim lake, and corona lake are all but memories to tell the younglings about around the fire. But look at the bright side. We still got SARL....

I hope they open soon soon ,
    Because I know where the
    Crappie are at!!! Lol....

Cm

Just got a memory on facebook about a picture taken at Irvine lake 4 years ago. Got me thinking about this great lake and now much I miss it. On that note i searched the web to see if there were any updates and found this thread. Figured I'd post here what I've found out in my numerous inquiries about this to officials.

TLDR: Lake is stuck in legal negotiations between OC parks and Serrano Water company.

From OC parks director:
    Recreation activities on the lake are controlled jointly by Irvine Company (with 75% of the “recreation rights”) and Serrano Water District (with 25%). In late 2014, the Irvine Company irrevocably offered their 75% to the County in conjunction with adjacent parcels of land and rights to access roads serving the lake, and in 2015 the agreement between Irvine Company and Serrano Water District allowing for fishing and boating was terminated. The irrevocable offer to dedicate (IOD) these properties and rights to the County was made in an effort to preserve and enhance the public’s access to recreational opportunities, and to provide for potential revenue to offset the County’s costs in assuming land management obligations for the nearby open space lands set aside in perpetuity for habitat conservation purposes. Although the offer to dedicate was irrevocably made, the legal transfer of those lands and rights has not yet occurred as there remain certain conditions that must be satisfied by other agencies first. This is very similar to the way that many of the open space dedications from the Irvine Company to the City of Irvine have occurred, insofar as the dedications are made, but parcels not legally transferred or accepted by the City for several years.

In anticipation of the future transfer of Irvine Company’s recreation rights to the County, the County and Serrano have engaged in dialog regarding the terms that would be acceptable to both parties to facilitate the County’s operation of Irvine Lake for public recreation. As of yet, the parties have not successfully come to agreement regarding long-term operation of the Lake. Recognizing that there are residents like yourself who miss the opportunity to fish, the County recently made a proposal to Serrano to permit the County to temporarily operate shoreline fishing for the public, but Serrano declined.

From Serrano Water general manager:
    email reply 1:
    As you are aware, the recreation at Santiago Reservoir (AKA Irvine Lake) is closed at this time. There essentially has been no change in the situation. Discussions are still occurring between agencies. We understand your desire to fish again out there and hope in the same manner you do that it will be sooner than later. Hope all is well with you.
    email reply 2 (asking for an update):
    There is really nothing yet. We are working out legal issues before any movement can occur.
    email reply 3 (asking for another update):
    This is unfortunately a situation that takes painstaking time. If we could have it all done sooner I would love it as well. I expect there to be a better idea of the progress in the next six months but realistically when legal matters are resolved there is still negotiations. Additionally, a Recreation Master Plan has to be developed for a long term benefit of the lake that is not only inclusive of fishing. You are right on when you say gold mine. Sorry it is taking so long as I would love to take my kids out there too.

Just figured I'd try to help make it clear who the players are and who you can try to contact. I contacted both agencies through their webpages and just kept asking to talk to a higher up about the situation and got those responses at the end. If anyone else has better luck, or knows some people or something. Lets get this lake reopened, I'm so tired of the catfish selection in the lakes near me, nothing beats over 100lbs of catfish in one evening that I'd pull outa Irvine Lake.

Anyways, tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiFish View Post
    Just figured I'd try to help make it clear who the players are and who you can try to contact. I contacted both agencies through their webpages and just kept asking to talk to a higher up about the situation and got those responses at the end. If anyone else has better luck, or knows some people or something. Lets get this lake reopened, I'm so tired of the catfish selection in the lakes near me, nothing beats over 100lbs of catfish in one evening that I'd pull outa Irvine Lake.

Anyways, tight lines.

i've been sad every summer since the lake closed

Irvine and Laguna Niguel used to be my go-to lakes . sucks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234