Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Irvine to re-open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Irvine to re-open

Heard great news that Irvine is set to open for trout season 2017
    anything guys??

Quote Originally Posted by 909er View Post
    Heard great news that Irvine is set to open for trout season 2017
    anything guys??
    Source please?????

I know the OC board of supervisors voted back in April to reopen in time for trout season. But I drive by it everyday and haven't seen any action happening that would lead me to believe it was opening soon. In fact the lake is back down lower than it was before all the rains filled it back up.

From Arpil....

The Orange County Board of Supervisors voted to re-open Irvine Lake in time for the 2017 trout season. Board Supervisor Todd Spitzer brought the motion to the Board. With all in attendance voting "aye", the Board passed the motion to re-open Irvine Lake for public fishing in time for the 2017 trout season under a new contract with a private concessioner yet to be named.
    With the recent rains, the lake is at 20,000 acre feet of water. Winter run off from nearby Saddleback Mountain, is expected to fill the lake to full pond at 25,000 acre feet. The Serrano Water District reported shad stocks returning in record numbers. Holdover trout and bass are also said to be in good condition with the higher water levels now.
    Plans for 50 tent only campsites and 25 RV campsites are in the works. New picnic areas, parking, and a store are
    also being worked on. Whether private boating or rental boats will be allowed is still under consideration.
    A lot of work has to be done in a short time, but family friendly Irvine Lake is set to once again take it's position as Orange County's premier fishing lake. If only this story wasn't reported on the 1st of April, it just might be true. We can only hope something this good happens, and soon. But for today, it's Happy April Fools Day. gspot, Apr 1, 2017

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th...e-open.652253/

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Source please?????
    My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Irvine reopen last night.

I guess it's pretty serious.

Ok, we all had a little fun as Trump would call Fake News!!!

But this is what W.O.N. reports every week!!

The lake remains closed to public recreation (as of Feb 28, 2016) due to a stalemate in negotiations between the County of Orange and the Serrano Water District, a result of a 2,500-acre land deal arrangement between the Irvine Co. and Orange County. As of now, there is no imminent plans to reopen the lake to fishing, and there likely won't be until an arrangement is reached regarding water rights / compensation and future concessions.

In other words folks, you might never see that lake open again to fishing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    In other words folks, you might never see that lake open again to fishing!!!
    But wait, this post says I can fish Irvine next week.

What gives?!?

Trout Season 2017!!

Don't tell me that everything that is reported online is true. That changes things....

It’s an April fools joke read the end