Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peacock Bass in Fairmount?

Default Peacock Bass in Fairmount?

So I had a nice bass on my line. The fish came up to jump and as it rolled on the surface out about 15 feet away, I could see that it was not a Largemouth Bass, but looked very colorful. Naturally the fish threw my jig and swam off. I'm pretty sure it was a Peacock Bass of about 2 - 3 pounds! There's some crazy weird fish being caught here. Pacus, Red-tail Catfish, plecostomus.. Be cool if there were Peacock Bass in the lake. Doubt if they would servive the wintertime cold water though.

I so hope you’re right. It must be eating at you that you couldn’t get a good look at it.
    Last edited by GhettoBasster; 11-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Peacock? Probably....

Although not surprising considering our city ponds have always been a dumping spot for inexperienced/irresponsible aquarists.

And hey, now you don't have to travel all the way to Brazil (or Florida) to catch a peacock.

I remember landing a 24 inch Silver Arowana and a small redtail catfish from Echo Park as a kid. That's as Amazonian as you can get!

Could be,I’ve seen them for sale in more than one pet store,like the red tail catfish witch is also easy to purchase,knowing they both get very large I always wonder where they will end up.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Could be,I’ve seen them for sale in more than one pet store,like the red tail catfish witch is also easy to purchase,knowing they both get very large I always wonder where they will end up.

Cya Tuna Vic
    I've seen alligator gar, silver arowanas, flower horn cichlids, and even giant gouramis in our park lakes. A peacock bass fishery would be amazing if it ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    I've seen alligator gar, silver arowanas, flower horn cichlids, and even giant gouramis in our park lakes. A peacock bass fishery would be amazing if it ever happens
    I don't know if an actual "fishery" could flourish. As someone else mentioned, I believe the water temps during the winter would pretty much eliminate any type of real fishery from developing.

And alligator gar? WTF man. Who dumps their pet alligator gar at the local pond? Every other species you mention, sure? But an alligator gar?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I don't know if an actual "fishery" could flourish. As someone else mentioned, I believe the water temps during the winter would pretty much eliminate any type of real fishery from developing.

And alligator gar? WTF man. Who dumps their pet alligator gar at the local pond? Every other species you mention, sure? But an alligator gar?
    Yep. Lincoln park. I think it was 4-5 years ago. It was caught a few times on a popper. 4 feet long and amazed the heck out of me when I saw it weaving in and out of the weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Flower Horn Cichlids,man can you imagine the kid who catches that? That would pretty crazy to see a large one of those on your line! I guess most of those you mentioned would be all pretty crazy to reel in.
    Once while fishing for bass at Legg Lake middle lake,I was walking the shore line and something that was lying near the shore got spooked and swam back into the lake,I saw it pretty well and all I can describe it has,was something like an otter like animal,or beaver like,something along those lines,first thing I did was look around for someone so I could say,did you see that!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Flower Horn Cichlids,man can you imagine the kid who catches that? That would pretty crazy to see a large one of those on your line! I guess most of those you mentioned would be all pretty crazy to reel in.
    Once while fishing for bass at Legg Lake middle lake,I was walking the shore line and something that was lying near the shore got spooked and swam back into the lake,I saw it pretty well and all I can describe it has,was something like an otter like animal,or beaver like,something along those lines,first thing I did was look around for someone so I could say,did you see that!

Cya Tuna Vic
    There are ponds in Hemet with beavers in them

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    There are ponds in Hemet with beavers in them
    I’ve heard there were strippers in Silverwood!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast