Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris Gills 11/7/17

I got to second and third that. Salt would be better for me if it wasn't for sea sickness. Last time I was out I was offering bribes to drop me off at the nearest piece off solid land i.e. island, peninsula, shore, whatever. When no one obliged i damn near took my chances swimmjing in shark infested waters to get to land.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 11-10-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I was out pre fishing Lake Perris yesterday, (Wed, 11/10/17), and the bass bite was absolutely dead. The bluegill were the only thing biting. I wasn't fishing for bluegill; but guys on the east end of the lake were getting them on mini jigs.
    Yeah. We saw a few boats out there, but I don't think we there any bass landed in the 6 hours we fished.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Ifishtoolittle - You have got to admit that catching those big BGs is really fun, especially on very light outfits. And for me, I would take freshwater fishing, especially when it involves fishing for large BGs, Redears and crappie over saltwater fishing. Then again, if I didn't get so seasick every time I go out on the ocean, I would enjoy the salt way more.
    Oh yeah. Never said it wasn't fun. It's just a trip for me to get to Perris. The salt is closer to me if anything. I grew up fishing Perris, and my fondest memories of fishing were going after these scrappy guys. lol and it must be an age thing with seasickness. My dad gets horrible seasickness now, and he used to fish on party boats several times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Hit some 1+ pound gills last weekend on a shad KVD 1.5 last weekend. They are definately out to play. Bass was dead for me too!
    Must of been some giants to hit that lure!

heard they were going through
    a second spawn like a month
    ago...

nice fish ' what was your total
    count.....

cm

Good size BG, congrat man. How often you guys fish lake Perris? I just got myself a kayak too and fish out of it a few times. I don't see a lot of kayak activities around here and been looking for those fellow kayaker to fish with. I have not been to lake Perris at all this year.
    Last edited by JustJames; 11-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Are there any trout stocked there yet?

Nice gills,your right it doesn’t seem to compare with the salt,but one thing I noticed when on the big pond,in my own skiff I’m always on watch/alert etc,for safety issues,motor issues,weather issues,other boaters issues,etc,although I enjoy it emmensly,on the lake even on a skiff not the same issues. And I’m usually on the shore at the local lakes.

Cya Tuna Vic

Fishmounter and HuskerRod - For the salt, I assume you have used the "traditional" OTC medications for motion sickness? Have you tried "The Patch" (Transderm Scopalomine)? Also I have heard good things about Cinnerazine (AKA Stugeron). Both only available with a Dr. Scrip. I have read that while not commonly prescribed, that Cinnarazine is a medication that actually can work if you take it AFTER the onset of symptoms, unlike all of the other meds that require being in your system prior.
    I'll admit, it is complicated. I have been in "Victory at Sea" conditions with nothing more than a bologna sandwich and beer and been fine, and I have been out in "grease calm" after taking an OTC and have been chumming over the side. And nothing quite gets the stomach rumbling like the aroma of Diesel fumes...and nothing makes the symptoms disappear faster than the sound of "fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - Hook UP!"

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    heard they were going through
    a second spawn like a month
    ago...

nice fish ' what was your total
    count.....

cm
    Only a handful for each of us. 6 maybe. We caught more short bass than bluegills. It was just hard getting bit and keeping from getting snagged was all.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    Good size BG, congrat man. How often you guys fish lake Perris? I just got myself a kayak too and fish out of it a few times. I don't see a lot of kayak activities around here and been looking for those fellow kayaker to fish with. I have not been to lake Perris at all this year.
    Very little honestly. Like I said in my post, it's once a year for now. But, who knows I may go more often. I had fun that day.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Are there any trout stocked there yet?
    No clue. Call the office to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice gills,your right it doesn’t seem to compare with the salt,but one thing I noticed when on the big pond,in my own skiff I’m always on watch/alert etc,for safety issues,motor issues,weather issues,other boaters issues,etc,although I enjoy it emmensly,on the lake even on a skiff not the same issues. And I’m usually on the shore at the local lakes.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Definitely more alert while out on the big pond, but you get this false sense of security while on a lake. It's kind of a bad thing since pleasure boaters are complete loons.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I got to second and third that. Salt would be better for me if it wasn't for sea sickness. Last time I was out I was offering bribes to drop me off at the nearest piece off solid land i.e. island, peninsula, shore, whatever. When no one obliged i damn near took my chances swimmjing in shark infested waters to get to land.
    Rod
    Now I know who to invite offshore with me next time shark fishing...lol
    If the puke doesn't get em'. You're willing to go the extra mile and jump right on in and start the thrashing.
    New moniker 'Huskerchum'. All kidding aside. Seasickness has ruined several of my friends for offshore. Kind of a bummer because it cuts the number of times I go just by association.

Last time I was on a boat, I got nauseous -- and that was at Diamond Valley Lake. Last time I was on the ocean in a boat, I did a pretty good job of chumming the fish on my own. Oh, and it was Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe that explains why I just missed the boat jackpot. LOL My friend next to me was cranking them in too, and he wasn't dropping it all the way down like we were told to do. The fish were coming up. It seemed like we were the only two people on the boat who were seasick.

I should try some anti nausea medicine next time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast