Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris Gills 11/7/17

Default Perris Gills 11/7/17

Fished with GhettoBasster today at good ol' Perris. It's becoming an annual trip for us these days since an amazing day on a lake doesn't ever seem to even come close to a decent day on the ocean. Anyways, we caught: Bluegills and loads of small bass. The end...

:D
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 11-07-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Great pics those are some chunky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Fished with GhettoBasster today at good ol' Perris. It's becoming an annual trip for us these days since an amazing day on a lake doesn't ever seem to even come close to a decent day on the ocean. Anyways, we caught: Bluegills and loads of small bass. The end...

:D
    Could just be my brain melting from too much time out here in the I.E but I could swear that the redear in the last picture is smiling!

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Great pics those are some chunky ones.
    Yep! I was kinda doubting our chances of getting some fish earlier in the day until we found the school

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Could just be my brain melting from too much time out here in the I.E but I could swear that the redear in the last picture is smiling!
    Must be the bleed. No redears in these pics. All bluegills. lol

I was out pre fishing Lake Perris yesterday, (Wed, 11/10/17), and the bass bite was absolutely dead. The bluegill were the only thing biting. I wasn't fishing for bluegill; but guys on the east end of the lake were getting them on mini jigs.

Ifishtoolittle - You have got to admit that catching those big BGs is really fun, especially on very light outfits. And for me, I would take freshwater fishing, especially when it involves fishing for large BGs, Redears and crappie over saltwater fishing. Then again, if I didn't get so seasick every time I go out on the ocean, I would enjoy the salt way more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sonny's 12 inch BG  Oct 4 2017.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	50472  

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I was out pre fishing Lake Perris yesterday, (Wed, 11/10/17), and the bass bite was absolutely dead. The bluegill were the only thing biting. I wasn't fishing for bluegill; but guys on the east end of the lake were getting them on mini jigs.
    I did get one 12”bass by some reeds and hooked something big by the brush at the NE end. The big one took some huge powerful runs before breaking me off in the brush. That’s what I get for using 4lb line on a light pole. The big one had to have been a bass or cat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Ifishtoolittle - You have got to admit that catching those big BGs is really fun, especially on very light outfits. And for me, I would take freshwater fishing, especially when it involves fishing for large BGs, Redears and crappie over saltwater fishing. Then again, if I didn't get so seasick every time I go out on the ocean, I would enjoy the salt way more.
    Hey Jeff. Yeah, a chunk gill is fun on UL tackle. A nice bass on a UL setup is even more fun if you can keep it out structure and land it. I still like the aggressiveness of saltwater fish and that you never know what you’ve hooked into on the salt.

Hit some 1+ pound gills last weekend on a shad KVD 1.5 last weekend. They are definately out to play. Bass was dead for me too!

I am the same way on the ocean, Jeff. I like catching fish, but I don't like vomiting. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast