Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mission Bay Video and Report: Bass, Bass, Bass

1. Default Mission Bay Video and Report: Bass, Bass, Bass

Gotta love SD - fishing is SWEET! Finally edited one of my trips from this summer to Mission Bay, here is the video:

The bass action was pretty great, for my first float tube trip to the bay. I was throwing a mixture of curly-tail grubs, and soft-plastic minnow imitations. Most fish actually came off the deeper water near anchored boats, NOT at the docks. However, my largest fish, a chunky, tough 14"+ bass came off of a dock.

Also, trying to cast your lures at me from the dock, while I'm in a float tube isn't cool. Grow up. Probably mad that they weren't catching while I was.

Tight lines!

Great vid, thanks!

Next trip you should go out in the big bay! Launch on the bayside of silver strand state beach. It ripped this year. Lots of 12"+ spotties. I even caught a needlefish down there this yearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20171001_180524.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	50473

I havent been down in a few weeks but im also hearing about lots of bonito action goin off at the ocean piers this month. From Oside down to IB with reports of 4+ per person!

Great video! Thanks for sharing. I'm loving the gear, nothing fancy as long as it works and catches fish.