Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Yamamoto Sanshouo

Default Yamamoto Sanshouo

Has anyone fished the relatively new Yamamoto Sanshouo? This bait looks kind of like an axolotl (waterdog salamander) or maybe one of those big Bullfrog tadpoles. It's a big lure though, and maybe this will get the attention of bigger bass. Texas rigged with a 3/0 EWG hook and a light bullet sinker, you will have a bass bait that the fish have not seen before. Though they are kind of hard to find, I bought a couple bags that I am going to try out at my local lake. The last time I tried out a new Yamamoto bait several years ago, the bass ate it like they were starving. Maybe it will happen again.

Default Yamamoto sanshouo

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Has anyone fished the relatively new Yamamoto Sanshouo? This bait looks kind of like an axolotl (waterdog salamander) or maybe one of those big Bullfrog tadpoles. It's a big lure though, and maybe this will get the attention of bigger bass. Texas rigged with a 3/0 EWG hook and a light bullet sinker, you will have a bass bait that the fish have not seen before. Though they are kind of hard to find, I bought a couple bags that I am going to try out at my local lake. The last time I tried out a new Yamamoto bait several years ago, the bass ate it like they were starving. Maybe it will happen again.
    Hi Fishmounter,I tried it for Calico Bass and it works really good.

It's funny how a new bait instills confidence.

Whatever gets fish on the boat, I say.