Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Park Fee Increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Incidentally, thanks to all of you who turned this into yet another partisan political discussion.

Aww, you're still mad your boy Darvish got lit up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Aww, you're still mad your boy Darvish got lit up.
    Hey! Why you got bring up old s**t?

Good article about California, Lady Quagga. People on this site who love to bash our state should see that.

Eric, eliminating tax deductions of various kinds is nominally "tax reform," but I consider that misleading, since the deductions that the law proposes eliminating are largely ones that are used by people of modest income, while the taxes being cut or eliminated (including the estate tax, corporate taxes, etc.) are ones that lower taxes on the wealthy. Any law that is expected to add another 1.5 trillion dollars in debt over the next few years to our already humongous national debt, is no sort of economic reform, especially when that 1.5 trillion dollars is going into the hands of the already wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    People on this site who love to bash our state should see that.
    They already left.

The kitchen got too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Good article about California, Lady Quagga. People on this site who love to bash our state should see that.

Eric, eliminating tax deductions of various kinds is nominally "tax reform," but I consider that misleading, since the deductions that the law proposes eliminating are largely ones that are used by people of modest income, while the taxes being cut or eliminated (including the estate tax, corporate taxes, etc.) are ones that lower taxes on the wealthy. Any law that is expected to add another 1.5 trillion dollars in debt over the next few years to our already humongous national debt, is no sort of economic reform, especially when that 1.5 trillion dollars is going into the hands of the already wealthy.
    Not to mention that they want to take away Social Security from people that have paid into it all their lives and now they want to wreck the 401K plans so you have no damn way to retire.
    401K is some peoples only retirement and they rely on it. All to prevent the corporations from having to pay and increase profits.

Yes, duly noted and agreed, Brent.

By the way, my retirement money is being put toward a California Teachers Association fund. I am not getting any Social Security credits, although I already had some from before. It looks like I won't get Social Security although I will get a state pension when I retire. I will get Medicare though, because money from my paychecks is being put into the Medicare fund. I hope my state pension at least is secure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123