Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: National Park Fee Increase?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default National Park Fee Increase?

The National Park Service is considering implementing “peak season pricing” in 17 of the country’s most popular parks, proposing an increase to $70 per car. Currently, Yellowstone charges $30 per vehicle, or $50 for Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

The parks proposed for the increase would be: Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Denali, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Grand Teton, Olympic, Sequoia & Kings Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Rocky Mountain, Shenandoah, and Joshua Tree, per the NPS.

--https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/10-24-2017-fee-changes-proposal.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The National Park Service is considering implementing “peak season pricing” in 17 of the country’s most popular parks, proposing an increase to $70 per car. Currently, Yellowstone charges $30 per vehicle, or $50 for Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

The parks proposed for the increase would be: Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Denali, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Grand Teton, Olympic, Sequoia & Kings Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Rocky Mountain, Shenandoah, and Joshua Tree, per the NPS.

--https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/10-24-2017-fee-changes-proposal.htm
    You can't expect the Federal government to support Parks!!! They need "tax reform" (taking money away from another program) to off set the Tax Cut for Millionaires and Billionaires and Corporations. That's the only way we are going to get the Economy to grow at a rate of 3%-4%. So it's a small sacrifice up front we must all do. "To MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-25-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Can't expect the Federal government to support Parks!!! They need "tax reform" (taking money away from another program) to off set the Tax Cut for Millionaires and Billionaires and Corporations. That's the only way we are going to get the Economy to grow at a rate of 3%-4%. So it's a small sacrifice up front we all must do. "To MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"
    Not to mention, they'd like to allow mining and drilling operations there as well. Maybe one day you can 'be allowed' to pay $150 per car to view some of the finest drilling and mining operations in the world. Of course you won't be able to catch anymore fish because of the pollution, but hey, look at the bright side. Some billionaire is going make more billions on it. YeeeHaaaaw "Make America Great Again" just not the water, air and soil that we depend on to survive.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here, (and this is NOT my opinion).

How much is it to go to Disneyland nowadays?

I know low income families that have no problem paying $500 just for entrance fees to see a mouse, or pay that much to get into Dodger Stadium in October.

For $70 bucks, you can get an entire car load into a National Park (for a week) and see some mice, a few pika, maybe see a bear or two. You may even see a moose!

That's what these people (rich Republicans) do -- lower taxes on themselves and raise the fees imposed on everybody else. I wonder if my wife's lifetime National Parks pass will still be honored.

Yea and the left never takes extra money out of peoples wallets. Please see California's newest gas tax for example. Left can rape everybody's wallet and it's ok. I think many of you need a little mirror time. I understand the concerns but don't get the lack of self reflection.