Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Manafort and Gates Indicted - Bad Hombres

Default Manafort and Gates Indicted - Bad Hombres

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-live-updates

Obviously fake news, but some fake news tidbits:

* A federal grand jury indicted Manafort and Gates, his former business associate, on 12 counts, including charges of money laundering, tax and foreign lobbying, according to the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
    The 31-page indictment was unsealed on Monday morning after Manafort and Gates surrendered to federal authorities.
    “Manafort used his hidden overseas wealth to enjoy a lavish lifestyle in the United States without paying taxes on that income”, the document says.

* Meanwhile, ABC is reporting that George Papadopoulos, a former campaign advisor to the Trump campaign, has plead guilty to “making false statements to FBI agents”. More on this here.

And this is likely just the beginning. Mueller and his team know what they are doing.

What the Manafort indictment proves about Trump (and what it doesn't)
    By Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
    Updated 12:23 PM ET, Mon October 30, 2017

Manafort had two things that Trump needed: A knowledge of establishment Washington and a willingness to work for Trump. (Lots and lots of establishment Washington types -- even back then -- wouldn't go within a country mile of Trump's campaign.)

Manafort also had long been someone with a demonstrated willingness to work for controversial/authoritarian foreign leaders and businessmen with questionable pasts -- most notably with his involvement in Ukraine, where he represented pro-Russian interests.

No one -- and I mean no one -- in political Washington didn't know that about Manafort. Which leads to one of two conclusions about Trump (neither of which are a terribly good look):

1) He knew about Manafort's sketchy past and didn't care -- or thought it was not a big deal

2) He didn't know about Manafort's sketchy past.

I'm not sure which one reflects more poorly on Trump. In the first scenario, he's willing to overlook what had to be doubts raised by his advisers about the issues of bringing Manafort on in such a senior role. In the second, Trump simply didn't do the research necessary when hiring someone at such a senior level.

Either way, the Manafort indictment -- along with that of Rick Gates, a Manafort protege who served as liaison between even the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee even after Manafort was fired in August 2016 -- raises real questions about Trump's judgment in regard to staffing at the highest levels of not just his campaign but the federal government.

Trump repeatedly made his judgment an issue during the campaign. "I'm going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people," Trump told the Washington Post during the 2016 race. "We want top of the line professionals."

That quote seems a million miles away from Manafort's indictment.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politi...sis/index.html

$7.6 million on home improvement?

Just go to Home Depot and hire a few of Quagga's peeps.

And remember folks! These are the people that need tax cuts.

BREAKING FAKE NEWS:

Washington (CNN)Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were both ordered to home confinement Monday and ordered to surrender their passports after pleading not guilty to charges stemming from Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

House confinement? Where I come from, it's called House Arrest. And when you're on House Arrest, you effed up somewhere.

I thought Trump only hired the "smartest and brightest." This guy's background check must have gotten lost.

Orale Manafort and Gates! You have the same street rep of the boys Lil Puppet and Lil Smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

$7.6 million on home improvement?

Just go to Home Depot and hire a few of Quagga's peeps.

And remember folks! These are the people that need tax cuts.
    It all makes sense when you use beer math......

Sarah Huckabee Sanders just read a viral email forward from 2011 to reporters to explain the White House's position on tax reform
    2:28 p.m. ET

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders launched into her first press briefing Monday since early morning reports about Special Counsel Robert Mueller indictments with a convoluted story about — taxes? "I want to start the briefing today by addressing a topic I know all of you are preparing to ask me about," joked Sanders, "and that's tax reform."

In order to explain why tax reform is needed, Sanders gave an almost word-for-word recitation of a viral email forward that has been circulating since at least 2011. "Suppose that every day, 10 people — for our purposes, we'll say 'reporters' — go out for beer, and the bill for all 10 comes to $100," she began. "If these 10 reporters paid their tab every night the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this: The first four, the poorest, would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay … "

http://theweek.com/speedreads/734201...ion-tax-reform

So, Manafort spent over 7 million dollars on home improvement, and over 1 million dollars each for antiques and clothing, but only paid his housekeeper $20,000 over 7 years. That figures.

P.S. I wanted Bernie Sanders and instead got this Sanders. What a travesty.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 10-31-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    So, Manafort spent over 7 million dollars on home improvement, and over 1 million dollars each for antiques and clothing, but only paid his housekeeper $20,000 over 7 years. That figures.

P.S. I wanted Bernie Sanders and instead got this Sanders. What a travesty.
    But what about our gas tax?

It's funny how some dogs lose their so called bite once the pack gets rounded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    It all makes sense when you use beer math......

Sarah Huckabee Sanders just read a viral email forward from 2011 to reporters to explain the White House's position on tax reform
    2:28 p.m. ET

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders launched into her first press briefing Monday since early morning reports about Special Counsel Robert Mueller indictments with a convoluted story about — taxes? "I want to start the briefing today by addressing a topic I know all of you are preparing to ask me about," joked Sanders, "and that's tax reform."

In order to explain why tax reform is needed, Sanders gave an almost word-for-word recitation of a viral email forward that has been circulating since at least 2011. "Suppose that every day, 10 people — for our purposes, we'll say 'reporters' — go out for beer, and the bill for all 10 comes to $100," she began. "If these 10 reporters paid their tab every night the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this: The first four, the poorest, would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay … "

http://theweek.com/speedreads/734201...ion-tax-reform
    A couple of things wrong with this email.
    1) The poor person that can't afford a beer should not be drinking beer in the first place. He doesn't have the money for the luxury of it.
    2) The richest person should have picked up the tab because he's rich and the rest aren't so fortunate.The rest should pitch in to the rich person if needed or wanted.