Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FNN Pet Section

Default The FNN Pet Section

I have a playful ferret named Levin. Yeah, I know, it’s a strange pet to have, but I’m always fascinated by this type of creature. He’s a fun-loving tyke, usually, plays and hangs out in his comfortable big ferret nation cage, munch on cooked eggs (that’s his diet), and even cuddles with my wife while she watches the tv. I hope to own one more someday, but for now, it’s just Levin and me for more fun-filled antics. How about you guys? What four (or many) legged companions do you have?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	50451

I have cats. (I know nothing very exciting about that!!!) Yet everyone one of them has a story. (They were all rescue cats right off the streets.) My family had cats all of my life, coming to us in the usually way. So I was use too and like cats all my life. When I found the GF Blonde at the lake, she had another hobby besides fishing. (she was a mommy kitty) She would bottle feed rescue kittens who didn't have a mother. When they got old enough, she would take them back to the rescue organization to be adopted. Being a good boy friend I learned how to do that too.

Socrates (Black & White kitty)

The Blonde got a call from SECA about a rescue kitten who needed a mother. Apparently an old car was being towed to the junk yard for demolition. The tow truck driver kept hearing a cat meowing while he was towing the vehicle. When he got to the junk yard, a baby kitten was under the hood. The people at the Junk yard rescued the kitten but didn't know how to take care of it. They called SECA and got the GF phone number to raise the kitten. In helping her raise the kitten, my pops said, "why don't you keep her because she is very attached to you already." I wasn't planning on keeping her, but she's mine and doing great 10 years later!!

Zoey (Brown Tabby)

Zoey came from my friend Glenn who is a cat person himself. He rescued her at 12 day's old from his business in downtown LA. She was meowing and crawling between his building and his neighbors. (which is about 8 inches wide) The GF raised her till she was about 6 weeks old and then gave her to me. I was going to finish raising her and then adopt her out. She was very loving and a big talker. She had 1 big flaw, she was a biter!!! Not a biter to hurt you, but a love biter!! She just bites to show her affection. Several years before when I was adopting Styme & Catfish out through another rescue organization. The owner of the rescue gave me some good advice. Eric since you're a Cat person and will love whatever you get. You should only keep for yourself the "weird cats." The ones who normal people might not understand. If there every was a cat to fit that description Zoey was it. I'm glad I did, Zoey is so much fun!!! (she still bites though)

Will Feral (Grey with a white Underbelly)

Several years back my next door neighbor cat would sneak in the house and eat my cats food. So I thought, why not buy some cheap dry food and feed him outside. (that should keep him out of the house) It did, but one day Will Feral showed up and started eating the leftover food. I didn't mind, the food was cheap and he was hungry. I did notice he had a jacked up tail. (no hair and dripping) After talking to my cat friends, they all agreed I needed to trap him and have his tail amputated to save his life. I talked to my inexpensive Vet to see what that would cost and would he treat him if I brought him in a trap. (I was going to pay whatever it cost) But you should always negotiate up front on everything!!! I got off dirt cheap, $180 dollars for everything!! That was several years ago and he's doing great. (I caught him again and had him fixed and got him all his shots) He's a neat looking cat with no tail. He's got a big head and he's very muscular. So when he walks by, he looks like a saber tooth tiger!!! lol

Tortie (Black & Brown)

One day last year, she followed Will Feral to the food bowl. She's a very beautiful cat, but unlike Will who eat's at other places. She comes over a couple of times a day or more to eat at my place. So I better get her fixed, so I don't start a cat colony around my house. My business partner is a member of this state organization where you can get Feral cats fixed for Free. (Fixed Nation) Yet some how she screwed up the reservation so we had to wait a couple of months to get her in. The day she was going in to get fixed, I found out she already had 4 kittens!!! I took the kittens from her after she got fixed and domesticated them myself. (that was a lot of fun) Fortunately they were really cute and very playful. 2 of them got adopted by the Staff at the rescue organization. The other 2 got adopted by the general public. All's well that ends well!!

As I said earlier, I have cats but everyone of them has a story!!! Just so you know, we own 2 houses next to each other. So the cat's all live in both houses, garages and yards.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-25-2017 at 09:49 AM.

We have cats too. The three that we have now are all related, actually. One of our friend's sons has a cat that keeps having kittens, so she has given us some of the kittens. We have a 3 year old that is a granddaughter of this cat, and two sisters that are less than a year old. All 3 are grey tabby cat females and have been fixed. LOL And all are affectionate. The two sisters are awfully cute and are pals with each other, but the 3 year old is a bit wary of them, not surprisingly. The 3 year old also goes to the neighbors yard, where she is welcomed and fed there too. A couple of years ago, we lost a cat that was 17 or 18 years old. She was a super loyal and smart calico who always slept in the chimney (which we didn't use).

A Facebook friend of mine had 2 ferrets, but both died recently, which was very upsetting to her. However, ferrets have a rather short lifespan, like 5-6 years only, and these 2 had reached that age. She and her husband were very fond of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    We have cats too. The three that we have now are all related, actually. One of our friend's sons has a cat that keeps having kittens, so she has given us some of the kittens. We have a 3 year old that is a granddaughter of this cat, and two sisters that are less than a year old. All 3 are grey tabby cat females and have been fixed. LOL And all are affectionate. The two sisters are awfully cute and are pals with each other, but the 3 year old is a bit wary of them, not surprisingly. The 3 year old also goes to the neighbors yard, where she is welcomed and fed there too. A couple of years ago, we lost a cat that was 17 or 18 years old. She was a super loyal and smart calico who always slept in the chimney (which we didn't use).

A Facebook friend of mine had 2 ferrets, but both died recently, which was very upsetting to her. However, ferrets have a rather short lifespan, like 5-6 years only, and these 2 had reached that age. She and her husband were very fond of them.
    I didn't know ferrets had that short of a lifespan. That's a tough one, you get really attached to them and their gone so quickly. My last 2 cats that passed both made it to 18 years old. So we had plenty of time to enjoy them!!!

I own a Boxer named Ali who is afraid of his own shadow. After Dodger games? He's usually found under someone's bed, because in East LA, apparently we celebrate Dodger wins as if we just won the war against England in 1776.

The SO has a Shih Tzu named Sophie who is afraid of nothing. She once tried to confront a bear while we were hiking.

Brooklyn was our Yorkie Poo who just passed away. He used to hump Ali's head to show him who's boss.

Three aquariums with African cichlids,sevrems,Geosaphagus,and clown loaches,four California desert tortoises,pond full of koi.
    Cya Tuna Vic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6E16C04-6F08-40B4-A56C-938A7D6B1FED.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	50452

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Three aquariums.....
    I'm cycling a 40 gallon bow front as we speak!

Have no idea what to do with it, honestly. I tried some German Blue Rams and Electric Blues throughout the years and didn't have much longevity. The only thing that has thrived has been Red Nosed Tetras.

You recommend any stocks for a nice community type tank?

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Three aquariums with African cichlids,sevrems,Geosaphagus,and clown loaches,four California desert tortoises,pond full of koi.
    Cya Tuna Vic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6E16C04-6F08-40B4-A56C-938A7D6B1FED.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	50452
    I like tortoises!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I like tortoises!
    Exclusive interview with eTucker:

You're a great zombie, Etucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm cycling a 40 gallon bow front as we speak!

Have no idea what to do with it, honestly. I tried some German Blue Rams and Electric Blues throughout the years and didn't have much longevity. The only thing that has thrived has been Red Nosed Tetras.

You recommend any stocks for a nice community type tank?
    There’s so many it’s hard to recommend,tetras,barbs,corydoras,neon tetras,the list goes on and on,my suggestion would be to go on YouTube and type in community fresh water aquariums,you’ll be on there for hours,a lot of cool stuff on any kind of fish you want info on!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast