Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout Unlimited

Default Trout Unlimited

Is the group Trout Unlimited a pro fishing group or more an environmental activist group?

Quote Originally Posted by bmachale View Post
    Is the group Trout Unlimited a pro fishing group or more an environmental activist group?
    Yes.

And yes.

What he said.....Google it and let us know what you think it is https://www.tu.org/

Trout Unlimited?

Isn't that that one place where you can catch all the trout you want since there's no limit and you pay by the pound?

Yep, I think I went there when I was a kid, Mr. Shadow. LOL

When you say pro fishing, do you mean professional or in favor of, bmachale? Anyway, that does not affect my answer. I would say yes to all 3. A lot of Trout Unlimited members are probably professional trout fishing guides, like the ones I saw in Rocky Mountain National Park this past July. They want to promote fishing and a good environment, which seems like a worthy cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    They want to promote fishing and a good environment.
    Pro fishing tree huggers?

Quote Originally Posted by devoreflyer, HawgzWylde, et.al

Trout Unlimited - Confusing Conservatives Since 1959™

I did check out their website before I made this post, and did not come away with an solid answer one way or another.

I know how environmentalists confuse the issue with clean water statements, protecting salmon and steelhead and conserving wild stocks. Everyone loves clean water. It is how you go about doing it that matters to me. I love protecting salmon and steelhead and want them to thrive. That does not mean I like placing them on a no fish status and blowing up every dam in Northern California. And I do not wild stocks of trout off limits to fishing either.

So I will rephrase my question. As a avid fisherman who wants to be able to continue to fish, do I want to join this group and give them my money?

I am in favor of all the things they are. Protecting wild fish and clean water go together. Can't have one without the other. (just in WA and 1/2 the Coho are dying as they return to spawn because of urban pollution) Getting things done today on a national level is always full of compromise. You would well to protect the fishing we enjoy by supporting them. Not so well with Center for Biological Diversity
    Last edited by Viejo; 10-23-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmachale View Post
    As a avid fisherman who wants to be able to continue to fish, do I want to join this group and give them my money?
    Sure! Why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast