Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Report from 10/17/17

1. Default Report from 10/17/17

Fished at dusk from the shore with a friend. Near perfect topwater conditions, very calm water. However, boils were very few and far between, although pretty large fish judging by their size.

We each had one half-hearted slap at our topwater Sammy's. Also had a weak bite on a bait n' wait rig. Otherwise, nada. Really slow, disappointing trip given the conditions seemed really promising (low wind!)

This year, the trips to Silverwood have been quite slow overall for the dusk bite for me.

Tight lines all!

Topwater seems to have taken a year off. Very short period of boils this year, nothing seems the way it should for this time of the year and I really only have halfass guesses as to why (bait?). I did get a really nice largemouth on top earlier in the week but have taken to swimbaiting primarily now since the sammy isn't producing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one,usually I never untie my Sammy ,but a few days ago I was fishing over by the inlet using a shad imitation Ima skimmer on light tackle and they were just smacking it around every cast...no takers.....I'm sure Trump has something to do with it.😋