Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First Bug Hunt of the Season on the Kolo! Sunday 10/1/17

Default First Bug Hunt of the Season on the Kolo! Sunday 10/1/17

Alex and I got an invite from Arthur (Wingnut) and Jeff (Webmaster) to go Bug hunting for the Lobster opener on Sunday night. Don't have to ask us twice, we are in! We launched from Long Beach, grabbed a scoop of Sardines and headed for Catalina. The plan was to fish for Yellowtails and then do some hooping. Conditions were beautiful with little swells and calm winds. For some reason, the fish weren't biting. We trolled, toss live bait and lures and all we caught was a lonely Bonito. The sun was setting so we got all the hoop nets ready. Cut up all the Lobster bait and stuffed the bait cages. Got all the light sticks, ropes and bouys ready and drop all the traps. The Lobster season for the Kolo have officially begun.

It was a pretty slow night, for some reason, the Bugs weren't crawling very well. We made 30 pulls and got only 7 legals. All pretty good size Bugs but only one limit to be had. We called it a night around 10:30pm and headed back to the launch ramp. Despite the slow crawl, we had a great time just hanging out, telling fish stories, sharing experiences and reminiscing about our previous adventures and also remembering our late friend Sokha.

Here's a video and a few photos of our catch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xika...ature=youtu.be

We all met up at Wingnut's SWAT headquarters for breakfast before heading to the launch ramp. We could tell the Commander was already there.

This boat was parked at the launch ramp, WOW.

Dinner the day after.

That's Sea Port Village , I am sure he did launch at Davy's Street Ramp .

A little slow but at least you guys took home some bugs.
    Great job guys, it'll be my turn soon!
    Those grilled bugs looks great Quang.

Binh

SWEET!!!

Cya Tuna Vic

The only way you are going to get some bugs is to get out on the water!

You guys put some time in, shared some good company and you were able to keep a few...BONUS IN MY BOOK!!

Like the shirt Arturo

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Robert
    <><