Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bass Slay A Thon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Big Bass Slay A Thon

Well if you clicked onto this thread to slay a big bass at DVL ... My advice to you is to HIRE A LOCAL GUIDE!

Default Big Bass

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Well if you clicked onto this thread to slay a big bass at DVL ... My advice to you is to HIRE A LOCAL GUIDE!
    Why do we need a guide?

Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Why do we need a guide?
    It's so obvious!! When was the last time you caught a double digit LMB at DVL??? Now ask Matt at Last Chance tackle the same question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's so obvious!! When was the last time you caught a double digit LMB at DVL??? Now ask Matt at Last Chance tackle the same question!!!
    Thank You Mr Etucker 1959 ... Any questions about the bite at DVL or A+ referral to A local guide please contact Last Chance Bait and tackle whose awesome staff will always help you with whatever fishing needs you might have!

Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Why do we need a guide?
    "We" Might not need a guide to fish DVL... But with the irresponsible type of exploitation such as the latest Western Outdoors News fishing report for DVL the general public with ideas of blissful happiness most definitely will! Lake requires lots of hard work and years of dedication for anybody to just show up at any given time and Slay Big Bass! Sometime ask OG Mudbone... How much hard work and time has he put into the cause to enable him to post the reports he does ... Countless!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    "We" Might not need a guide to fish DVL... But with the irresponsible type of exploitation such as the latest Western Outdoors News fishing report for DVL the general public with ideas of blissful happiness most definitely will! Lake requires lots of hard work and years of dedication for anybody to just show up at any given time and Slay Big Bass! Sometime ask OG Mudbone... How much hard work and time has he put into the cause to enable him to post the reports he does ... Countless!
    Preach my brother from another mother!

So can someone send GPS spots, techniques, rigs, the exact name of the baits that you are using, what time you're gonna be there to cast for me, and hook up the fish and had then hand the rod back to me, etc?

Just trying to get on some fish guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So can someone send GPS spots, techniques, rigs, the exact name of the baits that you are using, what time you're gonna be there to cast for me, and hook up the fish and had then hand the rod back to me, etc?

What have you got to trade???

I'm sure you got some "top secret" info that's worth something!!! lol

Lady Q address isn't worth diddle to me!!! lol

All kidding aside, "That scenario you described" I've done countless times!!! (Including here on FNN) What did I ever get out of that by doing it??? Let me list them.

1. 3 Great fishing buddy's came from FNN. I told them to show up at the lake with nothing and I'll show them how to catch a catfish. Jared showed up out of the blue and caught 27 catfish that afternoon with my pole and bait. Phil just showed up at the lake one day, after I asked for volunteers and now he's in the money to replace my other fishing partner.

2. A cute little Blonde!!! I saw here across the lake with a pink wagon and a rig that would never work. 11 years later I doubt I'll ever get rid of her.

3. Several young men who's father didn't know how to fish. I took them fishing when they were teenagers. Now they take me fishing!!!

4. The pure satisfaction of helping strangers fulfill a dream of catching a bunch of fish. (I've got so many good ones on that!!!) One of my favorites was the "Dam-Sel in Distress." That happened 2 years ago on the Southern Cal Half-Day boat. A Female School teacher went Half-Day fishing by herself on the Southern Cal. (she had no idea what she was doing) Long story short, she took home a #20 Yellowtail that she reeled in on my pole. (I hooked and handed that one to her) There was only 7-8 Yellowtail caught that day for 50 people on the boat. Do you know how many people walked up to me afterwards and said, "I can't believe you did that" but it was sure nice of you that you did.

ok 1 more story

I was fishing at La Mirada Lake for catfish and I found a big school of them on the aerator line. The lake was very crowded that day and the fish just couldn't keep off my baits. I eventually ran out of bait but the fish were still biting. I knew if I left then my spot then people would have been Bum rushed that spot and that would have been the end of those fish. So I fished a little longer without any bait on my poles. I wanted to let it appear the fish had stopped biting. It worked, nobody gave that spot a try, leaving a big school of fish in place. I then went to Sav on Tackle to buy some more bait. While I was in there 3 young men were asking the clerk about catfishing in La Mirada Lake. The Clerk referred them to me. I said, "Boys this is your lucky day!!" I know where a big school of catfish are in there waiting to get caught. So I told them to meet me there at 7:00 am and we would put the Hammer Down on those fish!!! I saw they didn't buy much bait, so I knew they would run out very quickly. So I stopped by the local Mexican market and bought them some more bait. (Shrimp and it was very inexpensive) I got there in the Dark to guard the spot, but I didn't fish it till they showed up. (I was afraid of the local Riff Raff would try to jump the spot) With 4 of us fishing that small spot, nobody else could get in there and they would be forced to just watch us!!! Sure enough when we started fishing for Catfish, they were just waiting for us!!! I think we caught about 40 catfish out of there in about 2 hours. (all C&R) I never saw those 3 boy's again, but I'm sure I gave them a life time memory of Catfishing at La Mirada Lake.

5. I could go on and on with story's like that, but poor Seal's head would probably explode with all the talking I would do!!!

I know I ruined the point DS was trying to make. (for that I'm sorry!!!)

But there is an opposite side of that coin!!! I'm sure I'm not the only person who could share story's like that!!!

I'm sorry for another Rant. I'm just too excited after seeing that walk off Home Run the Dodgers hit last night!!! GO DODGERS!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-16-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

By the third bush from the right, just off the point with the rocks on it. 12:30...Don't be late and show with nightcrawlers in hand.