Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bass Slay A Thon

I'll use a guide when I am on vacation at some far away lake or am trying to shortcut learning a lake. But catching a double digit with a guide is meaningless to me. They put me on the fish and that's a big part of the game for me. I have been considering a guide at DVL. I do OK but just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I'll use a guide when I am on vacation at some far away lake or am trying to shortcut learning a lake. But catching a double digit with a guide is meaningless to me. They put me on the fish and that's a big part of the game for me. I have been considering a guide at DVL. I do OK but just OK.
    When I first showed up nine years ago...Didn't have a clue...Finally caught a baby striper but within seconds a 6 lb LMB came out of bush next to my feet and ate the 14-16 inch striped bass whole! Picked up my gear and went home knowing I got ALOT of work to do! Giving respect to others while pounding shore for several years I learned what works and where! Got it down to two baits and no more than 3 spots usually limit out before brunch! Tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That's funny, I've done all of the above (except the blonde) simply by showing up to a lake and meeting great people who then introduced me to other great people. Didn't have to burn bites and expose spots in order to get that to happen, though. I've also met great people here talking about baseball or god forbid, talking politics. I've also met individuals in other walks of life who I've introduced to fishing.

Again, it didn't take specific posts on what's biting where and on what to get that to happen. It almost seems like you're justifying your M.O. by giving us inspirational anecdotes. Go out and fish, and the right people will cross your path.

Are you bringing the bucket? Or am I bringing the stringer?

Because I'm the guy who says, "I promise I C&R and not burn your spot:"

Thanks eTucker! What City Park are they stocking with trout next?! (I catch and release, promise)
    I don't do DFG Trout in Parks. However, the Orange County parks do buy some nice fish. Check out their website but last year the best stocking was in Nov at Irvine Regional park. lol

Shadow,

Is that pic of the guy with all the trout considered a "hero shot"??

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Shadow,

Is that pic of the guy with all the trout considered a "hero shot"??
    Of course!

Although he should've given a shout out to eTucks tho.

But it's ok tho, because someone found a wife at those outings.

That's funny, I've done all of the above (except the blonde) simply by showing up to a lake and meeting great people who then introduced me to other great people. Didn't have to burn bites and expose spots in order to get that to happen, though. I've also met great people here talking about baseball or god forbid, talking politics. I've also met individuals in other walks of life who I've introduced to fishing.

Again, it didn't take specific posts on what's biting where and on what to get that to happen. It almost seems like you're justifying your M.O. by giving us inspirational anecdotes. Go out and fish, and the right people will cross your path.

Thanks eTucker! What City Park are they stocking with trout next?! (I catch and release, promise)
    lol...effing hilarious!! That dude loves himself to say the least. My arm can't stretch far enough to pat myself on the back that much lol...
    Last edited by sumodnb; 10-19-2017 at 03:28 PM.

I just remembered where I saw that table before. It's the table at Jess Ranch catch out pond. (where you pay for each trout by the pound!!) By my rough calculation, that "Hero shot" cost him over $200 bucks!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-19-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I just remembered where I saw that table before. It's the table at Jess Ranch catch out pond. (where you pay for each trout by the pound!!) By my rough calculation, that "Hero shot" cost him over $200 bucks!!!!
    I didn’t know you could pull your truck up at Jess ranch like that. I’m heading there tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12