Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Monster Lingcod

Default Monster Lingcod

Catching some Monster Lingcod With the Family using 16 Oz Jigs and a Gibbs Delta double Glow Tail with a piece of salmon for bait. Depth range from 150 to 250 feet of water. Gear was the Penn Warrior reel with 60 pound braid on a Rapala Halibut rod. Biggest ling was 50 inches long and had one massive head on it. Stick around to the end of the video if you want to see the giant!

Fun trip kool family fishing

Great fish. Thanks for the vid. Great fun for the family.

Just amazing,it looked like you were fishing on a sheet of glass in the morning,those lings were truly beasts,a lot of great fish and chips,wish you were my neighbor.
    Nothing like enjoying a passion with your whole family,congrats!

Cya Tuna Vic

Great video! Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Just amazing,it looked like you were fishing on a sheet of glass in the morning,those lings were truly beasts,a lot of great fish and chips,wish you were my neighbor.
    Nothing like enjoying a passion with your whole family,congrats!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Yeah we did really well on the ling, plenty to share with coworkers, friends and neighbors. They all enjoyed it. If you were my neighbor I would have tossed some over the fence for you!

Thanks for watching guys. It sure was a beautiful week we had for weather thats for sure!

I bow to the master again.
    Good grief that lingcod had the largest head to body of anything I've ever seen. Amazing catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I bow to the master again.
    Good grief that lingcod had the largest head to body of anything I've ever seen. Amazing catch!
    Yeah the head was unreal! Made my hands look small.

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Yeah the head was unreal! Made my hands look small.
    Didn't want to go there.....rofl