Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Flips Fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Monster Lingcod

  1. #1

    Default Monster Lingcod

    Catching some Monster Lingcod With the Family using 16 Oz Jigs and a Gibbs Delta double Glow Tail with a piece of salmon for bait. Depth range from 150 to 250 feet of water. Gear was the Penn Warrior reel with 60 pound braid on a Rapala Halibut rod. Biggest ling was 50 inches long and had one massive head on it. Stick around to the end of the video if you want to see the giant!


  2. #2

    Default

    Fun trip kool family fishing

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hi desert
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Great fish. Thanks for the vid. Great fun for the family.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Just amazing,it looked like you were fishing on a sheet of glass in the morning,those lings were truly beasts,a lot of great fish and chips,wish you were my neighbor.
    Nothing like enjoying a passion with your whole family,congrats!

    Cya Tuna Vic

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Great video! Thanks for the report!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Just amazing,it looked like you were fishing on a sheet of glass in the morning,those lings were truly beasts,a lot of great fish and chips,wish you were my neighbor.
    Nothing like enjoying a passion with your whole family,congrats!

    Cya Tuna Vic
    Yeah we did really well on the ling, plenty to share with coworkers, friends and neighbors. They all enjoyed it. If you were my neighbor I would have tossed some over the fence for you!

    Thanks for watching guys. It sure was a beautiful week we had for weather thats for sure!

  7. #7

    Default

    I bow to the master again.
    Good grief that lingcod had the largest head to body of anything I've ever seen. Amazing catch!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I bow to the master again.
    Good grief that lingcod had the largest head to body of anything I've ever seen. Amazing catch!
    Yeah the head was unreal! Made my hands look small.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Yeah the head was unreal! Made my hands look small.
    Didn't want to go there.....rofl

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •