Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 10/7

Quote Originally Posted by baaadernu View Post
    No leash,
    Headed to DVL Saturday for first time. Razor and I usually hang up north at Castaic and pyramid. Looking for where to start trolling for stripers, if you don't mind giving up your local knowledge? Glad to reciprocate for our lakes up here or havasu.
    You can start back in 2009 when most likely the biggest striper boils ever seen in this or any other state where commonplace for at least a year straight!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Imagine when people start posting fake reports to drive people away from their hot spots.

BTW, I hear Lake Hodges is WFO. Everyone go there!

Frickin lemmings...
    I've always said that, "if post's really do create a crowd" disinformation will end that very quickly!!! If the bite is great at DVL but it's a hush hush thing and people don't want it to leak out.

A Bogus report written about Lake Perris will make the alleged Internet bite stealer's waste their time there instead. When the real Info leaks out about the great DVL bite they will ignore it. (the little boy who cried Wolf scenario)

My Personal opinion about FNN that it's too small of a platform to really burn anyone's hot spot very much. Even if people did show up after reading an FNN post, their skill levels probably weren't much to talk about and probably wouldn't catch much any way!!! If you have to wait and try to steal someone else's info from the internet to try to catch fish. (that basically say's you suck as a fishermen)

Real fishermen are honing their skills all the time at their favorite lakes or ponds and don't need anyone else's info to catch fish. But there is plenty of other people having just the opposite opinion.

During Trout season I'm going to put this theory to the test once again!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Same ole story on the bass. Tons of tiny ones and a couple at 2-4# for the entire day.
    A lot of work for not much. Did notice the chaos at opening and asked Tom what the hell was going on and the reply was 'somebody caught and posted a 12.2#er'
    There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat. Only one guy (Tom) to inspect and you can see where I'm going from there. Felt bad for Tom and he was getting po'd at people trying to just skip and launch.
    Shows what a simple post can do to cause people to balk at posting the next time. Sad truth it is.
    Mr Brent....First off sorry for the rant....Next.... The answer to your question is ...No....Its not responsible to post a WFO fish report over the internet. Average people reading such garbage like Mr 12.2ers life story that brought him to the lake that day and saved the world from utter destuction from this giant bass is absolute misinformation to a general public that will spend lots of time and money in hopes of... Then leave the lake frustrated.... Maybe enough so as to be involved in some type of ROAD RAGE incident and someone gets hurt~! Report like yours are fine they tell people that if your willing to work for it... Some good could come from it!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Mr Brent....First off sorry for the rant....Next.... The answer to your question is ...No....Its not responsible to post a WFO fish report over the internet. Average people reading such garbage like Mr 12.2ers life story that brought him to the lake that day and saved the world from utter destuction from this giant bass is absolute misinformation to a general public that will spend lots of time and money in hopes of... Then leave the lake frustrated.... Maybe enough so as to be involved in some type of ROAD RAGE incident and someone gets hurt~! Report like yours are fine they tell people that if your willing to work for it... Some good could come from it!
    Holy crap! I just read the WON write up on DVL and "ALL THE BIG FISH BEING CAUGHT RIGHT NOW AND EVERYONE SHOULD GET ON IT NOW" post and by no means is this a good thing! WHY...WON...Are you people SICK or something! WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat.

Holy crap! I just read the WON write up on DVL and "ALL THE BIG FISH BEING CAUGHT RIGHT NOW AND EVERYONE SHOULD GET ON IT NOW" post and by no means is this a good thing! WHY...WON...Are you people SICK or something! WHY?
    Gotta make a buck somehow, right?

Gotta make a buck somehow, right?
    The "Answer" to your question Mr Shadow is most definitely a Hell Yea the internet should be considered a deadly weapon ... Just like a loaded sidearm! P.S Don't leave home without it!

The "Answer" to your question Mr Shadow is most definitely a Hell Yea the internet should be considered a deadly weapon ... Just like a loaded sidearm! P.S Don't leave home without it!
    OOPS ... No i'm NOT suggesting that people carry or bring loaded sidearms to DVL!

Imagine when people start posting fake reports to drive people away from their hot spots.

BTW, I hear Lake Hodges is WFO. Everyone go there!

Frickin lemmings...
    HHHHHMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

So, I posted a few days ago and asked for some advise and offered the same for my local lakes. Instead of replying to my request and possibly providing something of value to the world, it appears this site is dedicated to whining and crying and passing and moaning. My baaad, I thought I had logged on to a fishing forum....

Thanks to tom at the gate, appreciate the tips and good humor. Dad and I limited on both striper and large mouth. Largest bass wasn5.55 and the largest striper was 6. Now I lead by example, so there you go. Great lake..

Quote Originally Posted by baaadernu View Post
    So, I posted a few days ago and asked for some advise and offered the same for my local lakes. Instead of replying to my request and possibly providing something of value to the world, it appears this site is dedicated to whining and crying and passing and moaning. My baaad, I thought I had logged on to a fishing forum....

Thanks to tom at the gate, appreciate the tips and good humor. Dad and I limited on both striper and large mouth. Largest bass wasn5.55 and the largest striper was 6. Now I lead by example, so there you go. Great lake..
    I'm sorry no one responded to your request. Unfortunately there is two schools of thought on fishing Forums. One is a Forum is only to talk about lures and sell fishing tackle to each other and give general or vague fishing information about any lake. They feel you can burn lakes if you get to specific about actually fishing on that lake. (that's the predominate thinking by a lot of people) We will call that thought 1 about a fishing Forum.

There is also thought 2. Full disclosure within reason!!! If it's too secret do it by pm. (personal message)

You might be able to guess that I believe in thought 2. I feel within reason that this Forum is too small of a platform to really burn anyone's lake very badly. The real burner's of lakes is W.O.N. and in the ocean 976-tuna and similar Salt water websites. (not FNN) This is a place to make new fishing friends and share your fishing adventures. I not only preach that, "I practice that!!" I'll share any fishing information that I have with other's.

Don't give up on this web site just yet!!! Share a fishing trip or two with us and show the skeptical people you are the real deal!! You'll make some new friends and then sharing fishing information will be much easier.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-14-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast