Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saturday 10/7

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    I live 5 miles from driveway to launch ramp...Been a anual pass holder since leaving Utah and coming to hemet to help Mom 9 years ago ... Close friend of the family was flown in from oklahoma to be a super on the DVL constuction project .... And look out on the east dam every morning while having my morning coffee. Meet a lot of really cool people over the years at the lake and have caught lots of big bass out of the lake! However... The lack of proper management by the agencies paid to uphold the laws governing this and other freshwater resources has led to not only a compromised quality of these fisheries but also a type of lawless state of mind ... Thats its ok to do to others as they did to me ... Eventually someone is going to get killed and they will close the lake to all! My advice to anyone reading this is ... Don't Bother... Spend your time any money focusing on the outstanding fishery of our inshore coastal waters you really won't regreat the time and well spent money of whatever type of approach you chose! P.S If you all really want to injoy some realtime freshwater fishing ... Go to any state like Utah that protects it resource with a 9mm and a badge! You won't be disapointed!
    Boy, Leash, we must be neighbors I live about 5 or 6 miles from DVL and can see the saddle dam from my upstairs office window, but I tend to frequent Perris more. Maybe its time to go back to DVL. Its been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Same ole story on the bass. Tons of tiny ones and a couple at 2-4# for the entire day.
    A lot of work for not much. Did notice the chaos at opening and asked Tom what the hell was going on and the reply was 'somebody caught and posted a 12.2#er'
    There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat. Only one guy (Tom) to inspect and you can see where I'm going from there. Felt bad for Tom and he was getting po'd at people trying to just skip and launch.
    Shows what a simple post can do to cause people to balk at posting the next time. Sad truth it is.
    Brent...you must not know what your doing. Western Outdoor News said bass to 12.2 pounds....on fire.................lol.

your day sounds like I typically do at DVL...............a lot of mini bass and a few in the 16-17 inch class....................leave with tail between legs

Quote Originally Posted by baaadernu View Post
    So, I posted a few days ago and asked for some advise and offered the same for my local lakes. Instead of replying to my request and possibly providing something of value to the world, it appears this site is dedicated to whining and crying and passing and moaning. My baaad, I thought I had logged on to a fishing forum....

Thanks to tom at the gate, appreciate the tips and good humor. Dad and I limited on both striper and large mouth. Largest bass wasn5.55 and the largest striper was 6. Now I lead by example, so there you go. Great lake..
    Oh the irony..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123