Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Niguel Lake(Sulfur Creek Res.) 10/8

Default Laguna Niguel Lake(Sulfur Creek Res.) 10/8

Fished from 12:30-3:30pm, wind was blowing and water was stained. tried a spinnerbait and big swimbait first, nothing. Got 3 bites after switching to the Drop shot with a black senko. landed one dink, not worth a picture. I felt like I should have caught more. i did see a kid hook a bass on a from on top of some matted moss by the docks. he lost it in the weeds but fun to watch the blow up. There really isn't enough mats to make it the main game plan if i go back but i will be bringing a frog if I make it out there again soon. The weather was not ideal, but got some good intel and had fun anyway.

Thanks for the report as I have had similar results past couple of days. Looks like they are gearing up, if not started today, with spraying the lake blue stone, or whatever its called. I am sure what bite there was will be slowed down by the decomposition of the weeds and chemicals. Looks like they are focused on the trout season and clearing some of the tullies.