Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Another Alaska weekend....

Default Another Alaska weekend....

The continuing fishing sojourns of the Kid and I. From last report…..work the next week actually gave me an open day on Tuesday and I called my daughter to see if she wanted to hit Quartz Creek again……her answer was “dope”….what does that exactly mean? She was ready to go again in the wee morning hours, although she slept most of the 2 hour drive. We geared up at the campground and were ready to go:

We started down the scary trail to get in the river and with both nearly peed our pants when a couple of spruce grouse got up right at our feet. I’m sure Elyssa thought a bear was about to grab her.

Unlike a week ago, the dollies had been well fished over and were really skittish about hitting a bead. My daughter learned a tough lesson about how each day can be totally different catching fish……she only managed 4 or 5…..dad still caught quite a few. She didn’t let that curb her enthusiasm though. My first was actually a bow:

Finally, after awhile, she tagged a beautiful little bow of her own:

Getting farther into the season some of the dollies were coloring up:

We only stayed to mid-afternoon and the kid was getting hungry. So we headed out for a nice dinner and home. On the drive home we had an F-22 buzzing around over the freeway.

Had to work a couple more days then hit Willow Creek on Friday. Fishing was really good. Caught a very spawned up pink (humpy) salmon early in the day…..man they get bizarre looking:

After several nice little rainbows I caught a nice grayling:

Then about 15 minutes later in a deep run I tagged this beautiful grayling, the biggest I’ve ever caught on the Willow:

Kept moving down river and catching lots of fish…..

As we moved further down the river caught a couple of brightly colored nice rainbows:

We were getting with a quarter mile, or so, of our take out spot when I hit my best rainbow in a deeper little run:

After a protracted battle on the 4 wt I managed to get a picture or two before his release:

Another very nice day of fishing on the Willow……

Brian

You are Blessed in so many ways!
    Thanks for The Northern Report.
    Robert
    <><

Beautiful fish and great job getting the daughter on fish. That Humpy looks like a Halloween Frankenfish!

Really enjoyed this great report. Thank you for the pictures and commentary.

Dope report!