Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Is it too soon!!! (Las Vegas shooting)

Default Is it too soon!!! (Las Vegas shooting)

The Republican party sure thinks it is, to do anything more the console the victims or to pray for the people and the family's that were affected by the shooting. If not now when??? If this was an act of terror perpetrated by some Muslim group, do you think the Republicans would wait before they did some kind of response??? (I think not!!) So what are the Republicans going to do about this??? Not a gosh darn thing except praying for the victims and their family's.

Remember the Republican party is going in the opposite direction when it comes to any reasonable Gun Control. I'll list a couple of their bone head play's they already done and what they are attempting to do.

1. They made it so a person who is Mentaly unable to conduct his or her self as an adult to enter contracts or being legally responsible for themselves. To now be able to purchase a firearm. (What a great thought!!!)

2. Their now trying to make it easier for people to buy silencer's. So if a gunmen starts shooting, it would be harder for police to figure out where the shooter was firing from. (That's another brilliant idea they came up with)

3. They have certain people that are on the no fly list, but heaven forbid don't take their 2nd amendments rights away from them!! (these Republicans are just short of being an Rocket Scientist) Not!!!!!

4. What they should be doing is the same thing they do to any immigrant from many country's. (Vetting) Or in these case background checks before people can purchase any firearms.

5. Close some of the loop holes in buying firearms. Such as private purchases or Gun Show purchases. Someone can just give the cash and walk away with the firearm on the spot. No vetting or even registering the firearm.

6. Ban those stupid Bump stocks that the Las Vegas shooter used to make his semi-automatic weapon almost a machine gun. If nothing else you are encouraging copy cats for the future!!!

I'm a sportsman and a Gun enthusiast myself, but having reasonable Gun Control is not taking away anyone's 2nd Amendment rights!!! This coming from the man with an 100 IQ, but it doesn't take a Genius to come up with a common sense approach to Gun Control. However, the Republicans in Congress must be scoring on the IQ test somewhere between Moron & Idiot for their beliefs!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-05-2017 at 01:34 PM.

One of the victims was a nursing student at the college where I teach, a 20 year old gal. It makes me really sad, along with all the other victims.

Even most Republicans want gun control, according to surveys, but Republicans in Congress seem unwilling to take even the first step in that direction. Instead, they seem inclined to go the opposite direction, ensuring more such tragedies.

We still do not know Stephen Paddock's motives, but we do know that with better gun control, we can reduce the homicide rate.

How could this have been prevented in CA even with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation? What Common Sense laws would have prevented it? Everybody talks about gun control but how in the hell do you "control" the 300 million guns already out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    How could this have been prevented in CA even with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation? What Common Sense laws would have prevented it? Everybody talks about gun control but how in the hell do you "control" the 300 million guns already out there?
    That is a yuuuuge problem Viejo, but it shouldn't stop us from doing anything going forward. We can't continue to let the freaking NRA dictate our gun laws while thousands of people are dying every year and mass shootings are continuing to become more frequent. I have to piss test and do a complete background check just to keep my damn job, but any braindead angry idiot can walk in and buy a gun in most states. It's STUPID! www.massshootingtracker.org/data Have a look. Our country is being eaten alive from the inside out right now and the republicans only care about their kickbacks and gun nut votes. They could care less if everyone in the country got shot but them and their families. It pissed me off when one of Aldeans band members who claimed to be very pro gun all the sudden said "we need gun control NOW!". THIS IS THE PROBLEM! People don't give a rats ***** until they start shooting at them or their families. Apparently he saw God with the rounds sailing over his head and God is for gun control I guess. At least do something. If I hear 'thoughts and prayers' again I'm going to consider buying a damn gun myself. The NRA loves this crap. Every time this happens, gun sales go up from paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    You can never eliminate Gun violence, you could slow it down if you did ban them all together. (we are not talking about that) But the numbers the Las Vegas shooter racked up (58 dead 400 + wounded) could have been much lower if there was a Ban on Bump stocks. I'm talking out of experience when I say, "If the shooter in Las Vegas had to pull the trigger one pull at a time." Many lives would have been saved???

So what is even 1 life worth to a family????? "EVERYTHING!!!" and we are talking dozens. Just because you can't eliminate a problem 100% or even 50% doesn't mean the effort is a waste of time. The Republicans think so when it comes to Gun Control!!! What about Trumps wall with Mexico??? That won't eliminate illegal immigration by 100% or even 50%. But that's not stopping Trump from wanting to build it!!! So why do the Republicans have an all or nothing attitude about stopping gun violence. Hannity and others say, "Gun control doesn't work in places like Chicago." so why even bother to try. Laura Ingeles on Fox News echoed that same point!!!

Maybe it they knew loss (Gun violence) like so many people living in the inner city. They might have a different point of view!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-05-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Yes, I think it could have been stopped or reduced. The fact that there are so many more guns in the US than elsewhere is itself a problem.

With gun regulation, for one thing, he might not have been able to modify his guns to fire more rapidly. For another, he might not have been able to buy semi-automatic guns in the first place. (Those aren't hunting rifles, you know.) And in the third place, perhaps information about people's gun buying would be shared with better regulation, which would have sent up a huge red flag when it was discovered that this guy was buying so many high powered guns.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You can never eliminate Gun violence, you could slow it down if you did ban them all together. (we are not talking about that) But the numbers the Las Vegas shooter racked up (58 dead 400 + wounded) could have been much lower if there was a Ban on Bump stocks. I'm talking out of experience when I say, "If the shooter in Las Vegas had to pull the trigger one pull at a time." Many lives would have been saved???

So what is even 1 life worth to a family????? "EVERYTHING!!!" and we are talking dozens. Just because you can't eliminate a problem 100% or even 50% doesn't mean the effort is a waste of time. The Republicans think so when it comes to Gun Control!!! What about Trumps wall with Mexico??? That won't eliminate illegal immigration by 100% or even 50%. But that's not stopping Trump from wanting to build it!!! So why do the Republicans have an all or nothing attitude about stopping gun violence. Hannity and others say, "Gun control doesn't work in places like Chicago." so why even bother to try. Laura Ingeles on Fox News echoed that same point!!!

Maybe it they knew loss (Gun violence) like so many people living in the inner city. They might have a different point of view!!!
    It's amazing how people and politicians don't give a damn about it until the bullets are flying at them or their families. Our families don't count. That's the problem.
    Look at the comments by Jason Aldeans band member that was completely pro 2nd Amendment screaming "we need gun control now" after having bullets fly by his head. Why does it take that to see that peoples families are being killed.

Yes, Brent. It would be the equivalent of people suddenly wanting earthquake preparedness just after "the big one" hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Yes, Brent. It would be the equivalent of people suddenly wanting earthquake preparedness just after "the big one" hits.
    Yup, this is sad but true.