Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by dockrat View Post
    you might get a ban on bump fire stocks but you'll never ban belt loops or pockets ! :lol:

no pants for you dock rat! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    As an enthusiast who has owned a collection of firearms (both historical and modern), I always find derogatory connotations like "arsenal" and "gun culture" amusing.

Being a gun owner and expressing grief and anger over a tragedy like this are not mutually exclusive.

Agreed - and I have no problem adapting the Constitution or the U.S. Code to accommodate the changes in modern society.

These questions and your answers to them make certain assumptions. While your happiness or sense of freedom & safety may be influenced by the other people's gun ownership, doesn't automatically make it true for me or anyone else.

I'd argue that there are other social factors which play just as much (if not more) a part in crime and violence than guns. That's not to say that there's no room for tighter regulation (I believe there is), but demonizing guns (or gun enthusiasts) will not prevent psychopaths like Paddock (or other "lesser" criminals) from engaging in violence against others.

The use of a weapon instigates violence against people? Or did you mean ownership?

Ugh, I won't argue the legitimacy of an citizen militia, which is a another can of worms altogether. I will point out one thing you mentioned - the subject of drones and nukes. In the grand scheme of things, neither has made much of an impact in our overseas conflicts, against enemy combatants using little more than small arms.

I think this is fair. I think we need a much more thorough review of potential gun owners, and would consider reasonable checks on existing gun owners to ensure they are a) compliant with local gun laws, and b) haven't had changes in their criminal/mental status which would precluded them from ownership.
    Gotta go with LQ on this one.
    Great replies LQ

I think this is fair. I think we need a much more thorough review of potential gun owners, and would consider reasonable checks on existing gun owners to ensure they are a) compliant with local gun laws, and b) haven't had changes in their criminal/mental status which would precluded them from ownership.
    I agree with this. Don't blame the weapon, blame the man pulling the trigger.

It's pretty sickening that anyone on either side would use this shooting as an excuse to one-up one-another.

Y'all disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    It's pretty sickening that anyone on either side would use this shooting as an excuse to one-up one-another.

Y'all disgust me.
    Save your disgust. No one here is trying to one-up anyone here. (Except maybe steelplatehead, but he doesn't count. )

Yeah, I can totally see this.

So, when you finally go bat-**** crazy, I'm sure you're gonna be thrilled when the cops stroll in to take your guns.

I'm buying front row tickets for this one.

And what basis do we use to determine if someone qualifies to own a gun? I wouldn't trust 50% of the population to run around with scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yeah, I can totally see this.

So, when you finally go bat-**** crazy, I'm sure you're gonna be thrilled when the cops stroll in to take your guns.

I'm buying front row tickets for this one.
    Actually, confiscation already happens. But it's usually a) not proactive and b) limited to local law enforcement level.

And what basis do we use to determine if someone qualifies to own a gun? I wouldn't trust 50% of the population to run around with scissors.
    Considering the ridiculous amount of regulation we place on other daily activities, I don't think it would be that hard to come up with some stricter gun-ownership requirements.

I don't think it would be that hard to come up with some stricter gun-ownership requirements.
    I'll play.

If you think the world is flat, you can't own a gun.

If you think the dinosaurs didn't exist, you can't own a gun.

If you can't use 'their,' 'there,' or 'they're' properly, you can't own a gun.

I'll play.

If you think the world is flat, you can't fish.

If you think the dinosaurs didn't exist, you can't fish.

If you can't use 'their,' 'there,' or 'they're' properly, you can't fish.
    FTFY. Amazing how that works, no?

Although......

If you think the world is flat, you can't own a gun.
    You just wiped out half the gun owners in this country.

If you think the dinosaurs didn't exist, you can't own a gun.
    There went the other half.

If you can't use 'their,' 'there,' or 'they're' properly, you can't own a gun.
    Now you're just being mean......

You just wiped out half the gun owners in this country.

There went the other half.
    See?

Gun control.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast