Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Massacre

No I'm laughing at you, that was funny!

Yeah, right, Steelhead. Let's do a little comparison of the homicide rate in the United States versus European nations. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/u...ent-world.html Well, that one only includes guns.

This one has homicide rates around the world from all causes. There are places with higher homicide rates than the United States, but they are much lower in most of Europe, Asia and Canada as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 10-16-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That AR-15 sure showed that squirrel who's boss!
    Now now, I've never shot a squirrel. I have been known to feed them Nilla Wafers on occasion, however.

And for shooting clays? Break out the Garand.
    Wasting a $1.20 round to hit a $0.13 clay? I think not......

Too bad you don't have an AK. Then we can recreate an Ice Cube song all while having a competition shooting empty Bud Light bottles in the back.
    Actually I did own a WASR-10, a Romanian semi-auto variant of the AKM.

Unfortunately, I had to give it up for personal reasons. Which is just as well - the CRV they charge for bottles is ridiculous!

Uh huh....

That AR-15 sure showed that squirrel who's boss! And for shooting clays? Break out the Garand. Too bad you don't have an AK. Then we can recreate an Ice Cube song all while having a competition shooting empty Bud Light bottles in the back.

Lol! Ice Cube and guns, the perfect combination.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Guns paired with a crazy person kill people, getting rid of guns does nothing to stop the crazies from killing. Look at Europe where most of the terror has been auto related. They are handing out licenses left and right in California with little screening. At what point will you outlaw automobiles?
    steelhead,

The "they'll kill you another way" argument is absurd. So let's just hand out bomb materials, nerve gas, rocket launchers and hand grenades, because "they're going to run you over if they don't blow you up anyways". We have to do something. If there's a candy that is killing kids all over our country and we can stop or slow it down, then we do it for the best interest of the people. There's tons of other candy to choose from, just not the mass killing candy that everyone's addicted to. The entire point is that we have to do something relevant to slow and curb the ease with which this is happening. Not just make excuses and watch everyone get killed. I guess you're fine waiting until they're killing you or your family before you decide to do something. I don't get it. If one persons life can be saved, then it's worth doing. It may be you or a loved ones life. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    steelhead,

The "they'll kill you another way" argument is absurd. So let's just hand out bomb materials, nerve gas, rocket launchers and hand grenades, because "they're going to run you over if they don't blow you up anyways". We have to do something. If there's a candy that is killing kids all over our country and we can stop or slow it down, then we do it for the best interest of the people. There's tons of other candy to choose from, just not the mass killing candy that everyone's addicted to. The entire point is that we have to do something relevant to slow and curb the ease with which this is happening. Not just make excuses and watch everyone get killed. I guess you're fine waiting until they're killing you or your family before you decide to do something. I don't get it. If one persons life can be saved, then it's worth doing. It may be you or a loved ones life. That's all I'm saying.

I do not own a gun and never held or shot one. To say that a candy is killing kids and we can and should stop it is correct. If a candy manufacturer is making poison candy, stop the manufacture of it and arrest the maker, depending on his intent, maybe throw him in jail. If the candy manufacturer is making good candy but someone is poisoning the candy and putting it back into the hands of children, killing them; then arrest the "tainter" and throw him in jail. If a gun manufacturer is making guns that unintentionally shoot, stop the manufacturer and if done intentionally to cause harm, arrest him and throw him in jail. If the gun manufacturer is making good guns but someone is using the gun to shoot at children, killing them; arrest the "shooter" and throw him in jail. You all aim at the wrong target. I like candy, I am indifferent to guns. If either cause harm, poison candy or defective guns, stop them. But, make sure you stop the right thing at the right point. And, not the wrong thing at just "any point" (without purposeful intent). Please do not take this the wrong way. I do not want to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    I do not own a gun and never held or shot one. To say that a candy is killing kids and we can and should stop it is correct. If a candy manufacturer is making poison candy, stop the manufacture of it and arrest the maker, depending on his intent, maybe throw him in jail. If the candy manufacturer is making good candy but someone is poisoning the candy and putting it back into the hands of children, killing them; then arrest the "tainter" and throw him in jail. If a gun manufacturer is making guns that unintentionally shoot, stop the manufacturer and if done intentionally to cause harm, arrest him and throw him in jail. If the gun manufacturer is making good guns but someone is using the gun to shoot at children, killing them; arrest the "shooter" and throw him in jail. You all aim at the wrong target. I like candy, I am indifferent to guns. If either cause harm, poison candy or defective guns, stop them. But, make sure you stop the right thing at the right point. And, not the wrong thing at just "any point" (without purposeful intent). Please do not take this the wrong way. I do not want to be banned.
    What about candy guns?

what about them?

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    what about them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_600x600-170407050514-600.jimmy-kimmel-don-rickles.4717.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	50445

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast