After a long break checked the usual holes just north of town. No swell and very clear water. My old hole was almost weed-free but just as in summer: no action, only saw corbina cruising around me in shallows. OK, 5 min to my 'new hole' of the summer and just like 2 months ago it was full of life:

There were tiny 1-2 inch bait fishes and everyone was eating them. My LC was equally popular. This place is a bunch of weedy rocks with shallow sandy spots in-between them and each one had action. In 1.5 h I got:

5 halibut (20, 21 and the teens - it seems the same ones I released there to grow bigger 2 months ago, maybe they need more time, should I bring them snacks other than hardbait? )
6 giant smelt (those were actually fun , running in fast schools and crashing bait, biggest always ending up on the front treble of the LC
2 short calicos (first for me from the surf and a total surprise)
1 Self released snagged Leo: in one hole there about 30 of them cruising around , I tried to avoid them and am glad I didn't have to mess with more. I forgot pliers but all releases were easy.

Warm water , nice wading and spot casting, some seaweed and grass cleanup but no snags - still working the same LC I used all year.
Have fun out there before the SW swell shows up for the weekend.