Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hi, everyone!

Default Hi, everyone!

Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online fishing community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SamMcGraw View Post
    Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online fishing community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
    Welcome!! When you get a chance, why don't you tell everyone what kind of fishing you like to do best. Freshwater kinda guy, Salt Water or both.

Hello, etucker1959! Thank you very much! I'm more of a beginner at this point, though I would like to lean more towards the freshwater. For now, it's the learning curve for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SamMcGraw View Post
    Hello, etucker1959! Thank you very much! I'm more of a beginner at this point, though I would like to lean more towards the freshwater. For now, it's the learning curve for me.
    I've taught many people to fish over the years. Sometimes they grow up and then start teaching me some of their tricks. My Bass protege gave me the best advice on how to catch Large Mouth Bass any where. Learn to drop shot plastic worms!!! They will bite those more then just about anything else, was the best advice I was given. So I'm passing it on to you. lol The easiest thing besides opening up a hard bass lure that all you have to do is cast out and reel in. (Spinner baits or any Minnow lure fits that description) Is a Senko plastic bait, you really can't fish it wrong. That's a good place to start, but don't be bashful in asking any fishing questions on here. There is many people who are eager to help!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-05-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Welcome Sam.
    Learning to fish is a life long thing and you have to start somewhere. You'll find that there's always something to learn, a different technique, a different species, a different piece of equipment, a different location, etc, etc etc. You're going to love it. It's great hobby and can be as expensive as you'd like it to be. Small or large budgets can fish.
    Check the reports and don't be afraid to PM people regarding information. Most are much more willing to give their intel on a PM than on the board where all of the lurkers are watching.
    Good luck and tight lines,
    Brent

Welcome,ditto on what etucker said,something different for fishing bass or trout is what’s called reverse dropper,unlike the drop shot where the weight is on the bottom,the reverse has the weight above the plastic worm,when you shake and jig it back it shoots the worm eraticly from side to side,I feel it works better for trout with Berkeley power worms,but will definitely catch bass also,just another option for you,for bass I usually use four inch worms on this rig.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hello Sam welcome aboard.