Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tp

Default Tp

Tom Petty, Dead 66 yrs. old

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    Tom Petty, Dead 66 yrs. old
    That's so funny he was on my mind this past week. I recently watched the movie the "Postman" and I thought what an unusual roll he played in the movie. The movie is just 'ok' but his small part stuck out in my mind. RIP Tom Petty!!!

Our neighborhood teenage band was kicking out some Petty this weekend, his music will live on.

What's your favorite Heartbreaker song, mine is American Girl

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    What's your favorite Heartbreaker song, mine is American Girl
    So many good ones to choose from, but I think his most played song on the radio was Refugee.

Our 14 hour drive to Yellowstone and back contained many a Tom Petty songs.

My favorite has to be either Mary Jane's Last Dance or Running Down a Dream.

Or maybe You Don't Know How It Feels. Free Fallin? American Girl....

So many to name. RIP, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    How fast were you driving? Takes me 17 hours to get to Denver from the IE.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    How fast were you driving?
    A CHP buddy of mine let me know a good trick.

"9 you're fine. 10 you're mine."

So, if you see a sign posted that says the speed limit is 80? You can go 89. You go 90 and you may get popped.

I could've done 13 hours and 20 minutes, but apparently people need to stop to go pee. That's what Gatorade bottles are for.

My favorite has to be either Mary Jane's Last Dance or Running Down a Dream.

Or maybe You Don't Know How It Feels. Free Fallin? American Girl....

So many to name. RIP, Tom.
    DS didn't know who Tom Petty was until 2012.

I could've done 13 hours and 20 minutes, but apparently people need to stop to go pee. That's what Gatorade bottles are for.
    DS drinks his own Gatorade.

A CHP buddy of mine let me know a good trick.

"9 you're fine. 10 you're mine."

So, if you see a sign posted that says the speed limit is 80? You can go 89. You go 90 and you may get popped.

Your last statement reminds me of my Hunting partner Dan. (He would only stop for Gas on a road trip) A small Ice chest full of drinks, bag of snacks and 1 Barro's Pizza and a pee cup. I was good to go non-stop to Albuquerque New Mexico more times then I can remember. (13 hour trip) Our fastest trip was LA to San Antonio Texas in 19 hours. But every time I would tell other's about his driving style, they never believed me. (when they went of course they found out the truth) They all came back with the same sad story, "he wouldn't even stop to let me pee!!!" Even when people are "warned" they just can't fathom some people don't want to stop driving even though the Land of Milk and Honey is the final destination. In our case it was the land of Deer and Antelope. In your case it was Yosemite Valley. Yet these other people think wasting valuable time of stopping to eat and pee was more important then being in "God's Country!!" lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-04-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast