Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Got some reel education

Default Got some reel education

A YouTube Channel "Tackle Advisors" (I have no connection whatsoever) did an experiment. It proved what I thought might be the case. He took 3 of the new players in the market KastKing, First Fishing, and one that sounds almost like Shimano (can't remember the name). Took them all apart, compared the internals and externals. Guess what? Same, same, same. Even made a Franken reel using parts from all 3. Turns out you call the factory with a minimum order, check off the options you want like paint job, and handle style etc. and Voila! A new- on the market reel with your name on it. The one big standout was the White Dove from First Fishing sold by The Googan Squad for twice as much as the others, yet still identical. Now, for $40 you are getting a decent reel, but nothing unique. Just one more knockoff from the same factory. For equipment geeks his channel is full of in-depth studies of reels and their components. Tutorials on tuning etc..... You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    A YouTube Channel "Tackle Advisors" (I have no connection whatsoever) did an experiment. It proved what I thought might be the case. He took 3 of the new players in the market KastKing, First Fishing, and one that sounds almost like Shimano (can't remember the name). Took them all apart, compared the internals and externals. Guess what? Same, same, same. Even made a Franken reel using parts from all 3. Turns out you call the factory with a minimum order, check off the options you want like paint job, and handle style etc. and Voila! A new- on the market reel with your name on it. The one big standout was the White Dove from First Fishing sold by The Googan Squad for twice as much as the others, yet still identical. Now, for $40 you are getting a decent reel, but nothing unique. Just one more knockoff from the same factory. For equipment geeks his channel is full of in-depth studies of reels and their components. Tutorials on tuning etc..... You're welcome
    I just bought a kastking assasin reel and love it. Works great and cheap. !!

I have no doubt. I love my Abu Black Max $39

Reminds me of my high school book keeping teacher story.

T-shirt factory producing white t-shirts.

2 assemble line, same stock feed was fed to the two lines. End result either sew a generic tag on or a well name brand). Generic tag shirt cost $2.50, name brand cost $10