Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most interesting man of the world died

Default The most interesting man of the world died

Hugh Hefner, Who Built Playboy Empire and Embodied It, Dies at 91

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/o...d.html?mcubz=1

I'll never forget the feeling when I was about 10 (60's) and found my older brothers Playboy stash.
    I think I almost passed out and was completely paranoid of being caught at the same time.
    Maybe that explains my affinity when I was growing up for fooling around in cars where you could be caught, and was caught several times....lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I'll never forget the feeling when I was about 10 (60's) and found my older brothers Playboy stash.
    I think I almost passed out and was completely paranoid of being caught at the same time.
    Maybe that explains my affinity when I was growing up for fooling around in cars where you could be caught, and was caught several times....lmao
    Yeah I also found my older brothers stash late 50's, it was a wonderful stash I must say and I never told him that I found it and would check it out when he was out of the house from time to time. I guess I was a bad boy after seeing that stuff because me and the kid next door that was my age would ride our bikes to the local liquor store at the end of the month and dig out the discarded ones from the dumpster that didn't sell out. The good ole days for sure it was, and I miss the good times us kids had 60 years ago.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 09-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Yeah I also found my older brothers stash late 50's, it was a wonderful stash I must say and I never told him that I found it and would check it out when he was out of the house from time to time. I guess I was a bad boy after seeing that stuff because me and the kid next door that was my age would ride our bikes to the local liquor store at the end of the month and dig out the discarded ones from the dumpster that didn't sell out. The good ole days for sure it was, and I miss the good times us kids had 60 years ago.
    Yeah, those were good days to grow up. Much of what we did would get us in trouble these days. Or our parents...

from what i've read, the man was one of the worst dudes alive, had a bazillion failed marriages and even alleged pedophilia.

Nobody cares though, because boobs.

I agree, Smokehound. He also was a big time opportunist, who helped bring this culture down to the lowest common denominator.

Pouring one out for Hugh Hefner

I thought you meant that "Stay Thirsty My Friends" beer dude, or is he 6 feet under too?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Pouring one out for Hugh Hefner
    You mean rubbing one out?

soap on a rope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	50394  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast