Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Blythe--2nd Ave Canal

Default Blythe--2nd Ave Canal

Fished for cats from 7-10p on way to Phoenix. Used night crawlers & Charlies blood Bait. Not even a nibble. Gonna hit it again Friday night on way home.

MM

It’s been years since I’ve been there,catfishing was pretty good then as I recall,also remember it has being to hot!
    How you been Mark?

Cya Tuna Vic

Vic,

Im good, experiencing life as an 'empty nester'! Very different!

Many good times as a teen in Blythe with Dad...I didn't have time to fieh on the return trip..next time!

MM

My son and I made 3 trips to Blythe this year Flathead fishing. We've caught many ranging from 5# to my personal biggest a 15# plus decent size channel cats up to 8#. We use worms to catch live blue gill from the backwaters and then fish throughout the night with the best bites from 11 pm - 3 am. We fish in the canals and below and above the damn 10 miles north of Blythe. The 15# I caught in the actual river fishing from the shore at the end of Lovekin (going South). I love fishing this area and we usually stay 3-4 days, fishing all night and sleeping in the nice AC of a hotel during the hot days. Going back again in March.

Yes. It's is a very unique experience. Do you guys fish during fall (like now)?

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Yes. It's is a very unique experience. Do you guys fish during fall (like now)?

MM

The first time I went was in March of this year, but from what I understand they bite year round