Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The arrest of Nurse Alex Wubbels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The arrest of Nurse Alex Wubbels

I'm sure most of us have scene the video of Nurse Wubbels being arrested. She was the nurse in Salt Lake city for refusing to draw blood from an unconscious patient. The evidence clearly shows she was following the law in not allowing the police officers to draw blood from an unconscious person. (so she was in the right for not doing it) That's not where I'm going with this!!!

I'm going to following in the footsteps of my Hero Abraham Lincoln the "attorney" who can argue both sides of the equation. I'm going to argue the point that the Nurse Alex Wubbels invoked "White's Right" in resisting arrest!!! Say what etucker what are you talking about???? (you must be thinking) I'm saying the Nurse Alex Wubbels did the wrong thing in resisting arrest. Yes she was being illegally arrested but she was fighting and screaming in the hands of a Police officer, which is the wrong thing to do!!! Just suppose there was no body cameras on or a bunch of witness around her when she was being arrested. Add in she was a person of color or worse yet a young male. (Can you see where I'm going with this???) She under those parameters was lucky she wasn't put in a choke hold or cracked across the head to quieter her down as she was being arrested!!!

With all the protest in sports now being done by the Black athletes for the unfair treatment by the police and others. Nurse Wubbels is setting a bad example of what to do when being arrested even though she was in the right. Every person should be taught to never fight it out in the streets with the police. (even though you may be totally in the right) You do that in court with an attorney representing you and a fair judge and a jury of your peers!!! If you are in the right, the vast majority of the time you will be vindicated!!!

If you do what Nurse Wubbels did, (resisting arrest) you could end up being injured or worse "DEAD" even though you are in the right!!!! Everyone should know or teach people around us to "Never fight it out in the streets with the police!" (you will have your day in court) I wonder if all the Black athletes that are protesting now know that 1 simple rule??????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-26-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Well said. I've never understood why people, all raises, think they can fight a cop when he's not only trained, he has tools to keep you from winning. I haven't seen one incident where a cop just walked up to a car or a person on the street and just shot them or kicked their asses. They're human and are probably going to push back when pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm saying the Nurse Alex Wubbels did the wrong thing in resisting arrest. Yes she was being illegally arrested but she was fighting and screaming in the hands of a Police officer, which is the wrong thing to do!!!
    Wrong.

She had every right to resist a wrongful arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Wrong.

You know my opinion on that, "Let's see what everyone else has to say??" Please people don't be bashful on this one and give your opinion!!! (I promise I won't bite) lol

You know my opinion on that, "Let's see what everyone else has to say??" Please people don't be bashful on this one and give your opinion!!! (I promise I won't bite) lol
    I never bother to reply to you. And I don't know if I ever will again. But you must ALWAYS resist wrongful imprisonment. This was big enough for me to reply.

Deflect if you will.

I never bother to reply to you. And I don't know if I ever will again. But you must ALWAYS resist wrongful imprisonment. This was big enough for me to reply.

Deflect if you will.
    That's what the Black Athletes are protesting. Their brother's are resisting wrongful imprisonment and are shot dead!!!! If everyone didn't realize, this thread was to cover 2 different topics at the same time.

If you never want to reply to me again that's your choice. However, we do have a mutual person on here that I think we both respect. DarkShadow what's your opinion on this matter?? Let's see if he thinks I'm an Idiot??? We all know he's a man of the world!!! lol

But you must ALWAYS resist wrongful imprisonment.

Why? It most certainly won't stop you from being imprisoned, so what does it accomplish?

Being under arrest is a temporary situation. Being dead is not.

You have the right to do a lot of things, doesn't make it a good idea to do a lot of them, especially if you fit certain demographics. Now, a white nurse with professional colleagues around and plenty of cameras? I'd definitely resist the arrest. It's not like they're gonna take her out back and beat the crap outta her, then dump her off in the wrong hood and claim she was resisting.

DarkShadow what's your opinion on this matter?? Let's see if he thinks I'm an Idiot??? We all know he's a man of the world!!! lol
    In a perfect world, cops would be trained to know what they can or can't do. We don't live in a perfect world.

Now, if it were me in that situation?

1. I'd let the cop arrest me.

2. I'd sue the pants off of them.

(And as a parenthetical, if the cop did pull blood illegally, the evidence would be inadmissible. Why would he insist in pulling the patient's blood?)

Which brings me to my last point.

This make me wonder about how many times evidence is illegally gained by LE, but then reports are 'altered' so that the evidence becomes admissible.

And Tucky, you're not an idiot, relatively speaking of course. In the valley of GD, the 100 IQ man is king.

Wrong.

As always, you're correct LG. Do us all a favor. The next time you get pulled over for any reason at all, roll your window down and flip the officer off and spit at him. He or she won't mind.
    After all, it's your right.

I'm sure most of us have scene the video of Nurse Wubbels being arrested. She was the nurse in Salt Lake city for refusing to draw blood from an unconscious patient. The evidence clearly shows she was following the law in not allowing the police officers to draw blood from an unconscious person. (so she was in the right for not doing it) That's not where I'm going with this!!!

I'm going to following in the footsteps of my Hero Abraham Lincoln the "attorney" who can argue both sides of the equation. I'm going to argue the point that the Nurse Alex Wubbels invoked "White's Right" in resisting arrest!!! Say what etucker what are you talking about???? (you must be thinking) I'm saying the Nurse Alex Wubbels did the wrong thing in resisting arrest. Yes she was being illegally arrested but she was fighting and screaming in the hands of a Police officer, which is the wrong thing to do!!! Just suppose there was no body cameras on or a bunch of witness around her when she was being arrested. Add in she was a person of color or worse yet a young male. (Can you see where I'm going with this???) She under those parameters was lucky she wasn't put in a choke hold or cracked across the head to quieter her down as she was being arrested!!!

With all the protest in sports now being done by the Black athletes for the unfair treatment by the police and others. Nurse Wubbels is setting a bad example of what to do when being arrested even though she was in the right. Every person should be taught to never fight it out in the streets with the police. (even though you may be totally in the right) You do that in court with an attorney representing you and a fair judge and a jury of your peers!!! If you are in the right, the vast majority of the time you will be vindicated!!!

If you do what Nurse Wubbels did, (resisting arrest) you could end up being injured or worse "DEAD" even though you are in the right!!!! Everyone should know or teach people around us to "Never fight it out in the streets with the police!" (you will have your day in court) I wonder if all the Black athletes that are protesting now know that 1 simple rule??????
    That's the problem. They don't know the simple rule. This lady was at work doing her job. 2 completely different scenarios vs getting pulled over on the street. I can't imagine doing my job and getting arrested. If a cop tells me to put my hands up then my hands go up. No question. That's the problem. No respect for the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast