Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The arrest of Nurse Alex Wubbels

Okay, I should have known that HR means Human Resources.

I was agreeing with you that the nurse should not have resisted arrest, by the way. I am not a physical fighter, so in that situation, I would have probably just given the officer a tongue lashing, but not resisted arrest. But in a situation like that, the person being arrested is probably in shock, and does whatever the first thing that comes to mind is.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post

I was agreeing with you that the nurse should not have resisted arrest, by the way. I am not a physical fighter, so in that situation, I would have probably just given the officer a tongue lashing, but not resisted arrest. But in a situation like that, the person being arrested is probably in shock, and does whatever the first thing that comes to mind is.
    I agree. Hell yeah she was in shock! She was working doing her job and following orders until Barney fife rolled in demanding blood. Btw I read that the patient died anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post

That's part of the Big problem for both sides when being arrested. The person is in shock (being arrested) and does whatever the first thing comes to mind and the police officer react's in a physical way. I love the description of what a "Good Soldier" is when under enemy fire. He can act some what normal when he is totally terrified!!! The Military figured out a solution for that a long time ago. (sort of) They drill ever soldier over and over again until it just becomes natural to do your job even under duress. That in my opinion is, "What everyone should be taught" and then reminded over and over again, if ever being arrested! 'Don't Resist being arrested!!!' Especially in High crime area's or you risk a physical or worse police response. It doesn't help in my opinion when other's think they are privileged enough that they have the right to resist!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-28-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Yes, quite so, Eric, but somebody such as Nurse Wubbels has almost certainly never had any training in what to do when arrested. I have had to train myself in some social settings how to remain calm, as when I am teaching, and it works so I know that it can be done. I had two female students actually get into a fist fight at the end of class a few years ago, and I just stayed calm and broke them apart, then had one student notify administration. One of the combatants was a military member, by the way. After that, I noticed that the students thought extra highly of me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    She had every right to resist a wrongful arrest.
    You have the right to do a lot of things, doesn't make it a good idea to do a lot of them, especially if you fit certain demographics. Now, a white nurse with professional colleagues around and plenty of cameras? I'd definitely resist the arrest. It's not like they're gonna take her out back and beat the crap outta her, then dump her off in the wrong hood and claim she was resisting.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    DarkShadow what's your opinion on this matter?? Let's see if he thinks I'm an Idiot??? We all know he's a man of the world!!! lol
    In a perfect world, cops would be trained to know what they can or can't do. We don't live in a perfect world.

Now, if it were me in that situation?

1. I'd let the cop arrest me.

2. I'd sue the pants off of them.

(And as a parenthetical, if the cop did pull blood illegally, the evidence would be inadmissible. Why would he insist in pulling the patient's blood?)

Which brings me to my last point.

This make me wonder about how many times evidence is illegally gained by LE, but then reports are 'altered' so that the evidence becomes admissible.

And Tucky, you're not an idiot, relatively speaking of course. In the valley of GD, the 100 IQ man is king.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You have the right to do a lot of things, doesn't make it a good idea to do a lot of them, especially if you fit certain demographics. Now, a white nurse with professional colleagues around and plenty of cameras? I'd definitely resist the arrest. It's not like they're gonna take her out back and beat the crap outta her, then dump her off in the wrong hood and claim she was resisting.

In a perfect world, cops would be trained to know what they can or can't do. We don't live in a perfect world.

Now, if it were me in that situation?

1. I'd let the cop arrest me.

2. I'd sue the pants off of them.

(And as a parenthetical, if the cop did pull blood illegally, the evidence would be inadmissible. Why would he insist in pulling the patient's blood?)

Which brings me to my last point.

This make me wonder about how many times evidence is illegally gained by LE, but then reports are 'altered' so that the evidence becomes admissible.

And Tucky, you're not an idiot, relatively speaking of course. In the valley of GD, the 100 IQ man is king.
    True that. Great points

I didn't know that the patient died, Chucky. That shows that he was in really bad condition and thus not in condition to have any extra blood drawn from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    This wasn't a routine traffic stop. This was a police officer attempting to engage in battery of a patient, and trying to compel a nurse to assist him. Had she complied, she'd also be guilty of battery. And as far as I am concerned, both would have been guilty of conspiracy.

I do not advocate resisting arrest in every circumstance, or getting into a physical confrontation with ever law enforcement officer you have an encounter with. But if ever the situation called for it, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    As always, you're correct LG. Do us all a favor. The next time you get pulled over for any reason at all, roll your window down and flip the officer off and spit at him. He or she won't mind.
    After all, it's your right.
    Seems I got a slap on the wrist for the wording of my last reply to this. (Mea culpa - I accept the consequences, and am moving on. ) But my initial response stands. The idea that you could compare this situation with a traffic stop, or engage in the behavior you suggested as a "right", is the reasoning and argument of a blathering idiot.

"And Tucky, you're not an idiot, relatively speaking of course. In the valley of GD, the 100 IQ man is king."

DS you're an *****. I just spilled my water on my desk laughing.

In recent news, the cop that arrested her got fired from the department

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast