This particular creek ended up taking 5 hours + of hiking, some scrambling, and plenty of off-trail bushwaking. Definitely a memory maker. Fish were very present, but I opted to go fly fishing only this time. Need to practice, only landed 2, my friend did as well, and then he lost an epic brute in a small pool.

Water looks very low in many shots (it is!), but there were plenty of pools with 2-3 feet of water over hardrock, with trees and other cover for the fish. The water is constant too, flowing and trickling throughout the entire reach we fished, with plenty more areas left untouched. A good sign to be sure. Water temperature was absolutely freezing, couldn't keep our hands in the water very long on the underwater shots. Day started off very cloudy, helped us stay hidden as we literally had to crawl up on some of them, but as the sun broke out the bite was gone. Still saw plenty of fish, but they saw us too. Temperatures were in the high 50s when we started the hike, warmed up to the 70s at most by the time we finished.

Most of the casts ended up being rollcasts or bow/n/arrow due to brush along the streams. Did find a couple of open areas with more room for a longer cast. Was throwing dry flys and wet flys, most of the fish came on the wet flys. They were feeding aggressively too, could see them slurping up stuff in all the pools. Plenty of forage (Caddis crawling all over). Watch for the slurper at the end of the video.

Catching a fish like these is addicting, more of a thrill than any other type of fishing I've done. I'll be back for more. Tight lines!