Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Is there any life left in the Aqueduct section in the Bakersfield area???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is there any life left in the Aqueduct section in the Bakersfield area???

I'm curious to know is there anybody out there to have a conversation with about their part of the Aqueduct? In coming up with this year's fishing plan, I see the Northern Aqueduct section as part of the big fishing picture for us. The section we fish at is on Golf course road and is a bait only section. (at least for success) So in typical Willie E. Coyote fashion, I'm working all night on building a better trap in this case to catch those pesky Stripers!!

So my first question is, (if anybody is still alive out there) is there any live bait restrictions???? No I wasn't planing on going to my local DFG stocked pond and catch and keep for bait those tiny DFG stocker trout and use them to catch Stripers. I did hear it work wonders on those big Stripers at DVL. Till you get caught by the man or exposed with your trout rod clearly visible in the picture you just took with your #20 Striper!!! lol No I'm talking about Crawdads or live minnows for bait. If anyone knows the answer please let me know. I don't need anyone to take a guess, I can do that myself!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-23-2017 at 07:34 AM.