Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics and Fishing Don't Mix

Default Politics and Fishing Don't Mix

Last edited by DarkShadow; 09-22-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Environmental destruction and fishing don't mix.

Salmon. Meh.

"Fake News"!.........I wish.
    The destruction of our planet will be kicking into high gear with the current administration. It's ALWAYS money over peoples lives. If it doesn't directly affect these idiots then they could care less.
    What they are too greedy, arrogant and stupid to realize is that it will not matter how much money you have if there is no clean air, water or food for you or you children, grandchildren etc.
    I guess they prefer to leave money for their grandchildren and great grandchildren instead of a livable planet.
    It's really pathetic when China starts having tougher environmental policies than we do.

Screw it, just let them do what they want to do. After they get all they want out of this planet they will blast off back where they came from and we the slaves will be left to put it back together. It's just like they put a stop to trollers and nets off the coast and the fishing is now better for it. "Why take the jobs away from that fishery?" The right would say, but you talk to the right wingers now and it is 1 of the best things that happened for sport fishers. Everybody needs to take off the politic goggles and realize, nevermind, keep them on it's funnier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    Screw it, just let them do what they want to do. After they get all they want out of this planet they will blast off back where they came from and we the slaves will be left to put it back together. It's just like they put a stop to trollers and nets off the coast and the fishing is now better for it. "Why take the jobs away from that fishery?" The right would say, but you talk to the right wingers now and it is 1 of the best things that happened for sport fishers. Everybody needs to take off the politic goggles and realize, nevermind, keep them on it's funnier that way.
    They will not just be taking the jobs away, they will be killing off an entire industry and one of the biggest suppliers of salmon to the US and for what? What are they mining that will help anything? Are they mining food to feed people? Are they mining housing for the homeless? Are they mining help for our veterans? Are they mining better health insurance for everyone? NO. It's purely profit and more money for their rich friends at the expense of everyone else and our planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Let's hope this does not happen. Screw pebble mine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yup, definitely screw this!

Of course, the EPA has studied what happens when you build a mine near a watershed. In fact, it’s done so again and again. In 2000, back in the days when the EPA was a gatekeeper and not an easily bribed maître d’, it commissioned a study of threats to the American water supply. It read, in part:

Mining in the western United States has contaminated stream reaches in the headwaters of more than 40 percent of the watersheds in the West. EPA is spending $30,000 per day to treat contaminated mine drainage at the Summitville Mine in Colorado, which will cost an estimated $170 million to clean up. Remediation of the half-million abandoned mines in 32 states may cost up to $35 billion or more.
    There’s no reason to believe that Pruitt’s EPA will find these conclusions compelling as regards the Pebble project. From CNN:

I'd love to know what this jerko$$ is getting paid by Pebble Mining. Our kids and grandkids futures are being sold out from underneath us and people still back this administration. You're either stupid or just flat out don't give a rats ***** about your family and children if you still support these corporate schills.

Collier's spokesman, Mike Heatwole, told CNN three additional people were present at the meeting on May 1. The EPA declined CNN's repeated requests for an interview with Pruitt, saying, most recently on September 5, that "we're focused on Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma." "The meeting was an opportunity for Administrator Pruitt to let [Pebble Limited Partnership] know that they are simply being granted a fair opportunity to apply; he did not prejudge the outcome of the process, nor make any assurances about the final decision on the project," Liz Bowman, an EPA spokeswoman, said in a statement issued to CNN on Friday.
    But the process already seems rigged. Pruitt takes a private meeting with the Pebble CEO and the Obama plan is overturned the same morning. And it appears that the easily greased skids in this administration were readily available to the mine’s executives almost immediately.

No worries Brent. We all know here that politics and fishing don't mix.

Of course, we still haven't heard from the proponent who pushed this, but that's par for the course.

Oh btw, what's up Seal?! How's the bite at Silverwood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast