I'm a novice fly fisherman when it comes to fly patterns and the technique in general. I started fly fishing over 25 years ago creek fishing for small mouth bass which were not hard to bring to the net. Now trout is another story and there is an art to it. I've fished the Eastern Sierra for a few years now and every year i bring my 2 fly rods along with the spin gear and always give the fly rod a shot but have always been more successful with bait or lures on the spin rod. I've caught 2-3 fish on the fly total and i think those were by mistake. I have tried fishing nymphs unde ran indicator, have stripped wet flies and am not accomplished enough to fish the hatch because it always ends up dragging and i end up fishing it as a wet anyways. Any pointers on what I can do to improve my chances? I fish the lower owens, Pleasant valley and some of the creeks. Ive also fished Crowley quite a bit on the rental boats but never with fly but I see a lot of guys on the lake with float tubes fishing the fly and doing well.