Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Lake Evans/Fairmount Park Question

  1. #1

    Default Lake Evans/Fairmount Park Question

    Hello everyone, I was wondering (for those of you who fish there) has anyone had any luck catching anything? And if so what baits/lures worked for you? I have been going here a lot, and I only caught one small mouth and that was last Friday. I am sure it's just me, and my newbie ways, but I just want to make sure.

  2. #2

    Default

    ajr90 - Did you really catch a Smallmouth out of Lake Evans? I don't think they would survive in Lake Evans, it gets too warm in the summer for Smallmouth Bass. But who knows, a nice one was caught out of Prado Park Lake a decade or so ago. As for fishing, you can catch Bluegill in any open area using 2 to 4 lb line, a #10 or 12 hook (I use circle hooks, hardly and fish get hooked in the throat) and a small bobber up a couple feet from the hook. Use small mealworms or waxworks as bait. For the bass, because there are so many weeds and moss now in the lake, you will do best in the late afternoon/early evening with surface lures and weightless plastic worms rigged weedless (Texas style) worked slowly thru the water weeds and moss. I have done pretty good with floating Rapalas "jiggled and wiggled" in open places in the weeds and moss.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    ajr90 - Did you really catch a Smallmouth out of Lake Evans? I don't think they would survive in Lake Evans, it gets too warm in the summer for Smallmouth Bass. But who knows, a nice one was caught out of Prado Park Lake a decade or so ago. As for fishing, you can catch Bluegill in any open area using 2 to 4 lb line, a #10 or 12 hook (I use circle hooks, hardly and fish get hooked in the throat) and a small bobber up a couple feet from the hook. Use small mealworms or waxworks as bait. For the bass, because there are so many weeds and moss now in the lake, you will do best in the late afternoon/early evening with surface lures and weightless plastic worms rigged weedless (Texas style) worked slowly thru the water weeds and moss. I have done pretty good with floating Rapalas "jiggled and wiggled" in open places in the weeds and moss.
    Honestly, I am not 100% sure. It looked like this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	50335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	50335 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	50335 I was assuming it was. I am
    catching up on the different species of fish that are common around us/stocked. I based it off a YouTube video of someone who fished here last month and caught a small mouth, and it looked pretty damn close to what I posted above. Sorry for the blurry pic, I got caught up in it all and didn't take a good pic, I also didn't want to leave it on my hook too long because it was still little, I didn't want to work it up too much and have it die. Any way thanks for the tips, now I know what to look for and how t go about it. Thank you! I was fishing w/ wacky senko rig w/ 5in senko. I was looking for something similar to what I posted a pic of, but really anything that will take my bait is all I am after. With the info you gave me it should help me a lot thanks man.

  4. #4

    Default

    I caught that one with a spinner. Here is more pics Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	50336

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Looks like a Largemouth

  6. #6

    Default

    I looked on You Tube to try and find that video that might show a Smallmouth caught at Lake Evans (Fairmount Park), but couldn't find it. What was the title of the video ajr90?..

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I looked on You Tube to try and find that video that might show a Smallmouth caught at Lake Evans (Fairmount Park), but couldn't find it. What was the title of the video ajr90?..
    You're right. My mistake! It's NOT a small mouth, but a large mouth. The video is called "morning session at fairmount park 6/13/2017" in the video a guy asked him if it was a catfish and the guy said no it's a largemouth bass and I THOUGHT he said smallmouth. I am sorry about the confusion lol. I just heard the video over again. Sorry about that, it just goes to show how little I know/still need to learn haha

  8. #8

    Default

    ajr90 - Hey that's ok, no problem. If you ever want to fish alongside me at Fairmount, that would be great. Since I live so close and now being retired, I am there almost daily. I have been fishing there regularly since 1985. I've caught my share of large bass there and lots of small ones too. I'd be glad to show you what I know about fishing there. I have no secrets, most of the guys that fish there know what I use. It is a hard lake to catch bass, but it does give up a nice one now and then. Just look for the "old guy" with a white beard and an orange Bass Pro Shop hat. I fish mornings and late afternoons. I drive an older white Toyota truck. You can PM me also..

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    ajr90 - Hey that's ok, no problem. If you ever want to fish alongside me at Fairmount, that would be great. Since I live so close and now being retired, I am there almost daily. I have been fishing there regularly since 1985. I've caught my share of large bass there and lots of small ones too. I'd be glad to show you what I know about fishing there. I have no secrets, most of the guys that fish there know what I use. It is a hard lake to catch bass, but it does give up a nice one now and then. Just look for the "old guy" with a white beard and an orange Bass Pro Shop hat. I fish mornings and late afternoons. I drive an older white Toyota truck. You can PM me also..
    Yes! I will take you up on that offer. I have been starting out there, and I have been going there for a better part of a week and I have not caught anything since the catch last Friday. I am there all the time before work. I get there around 6:20-6:30. I will PM you if you'd like on specific details. Let me know what time/day works for you. Thank you very much! I really appreciate that thanks! I try and go out there at least once a day. I live close by too.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajr90 View Post
    Yes! I will take you up on that offer. I have been starting out there, and I have been going there for a better part of a week and I have not caught anything since the catch last Friday. I am there all the time before work. I get there around 6:20-6:30. I will PM you if you'd like on specific details. Let me know what time/day works for you. Thank you very much! I really appreciate that thanks! I try and go out there at least once a day. I live close by too.
    Does DFG still stock fairmount?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •