One day after a rainstorm moved through I urged my dad to head out with the quad and zodiak into a backwoods lake. Our hopes was locating some perch and walleye. All we found were some tiny perch and lots of below size walleye. The weather was beautiful though and we had a fun ride in and out in the dark. Some deep puddles but made it out ok. The Maintenance crew was coming out right when we were going in the morning and they were considering closing the trail. We found out why haha. After a long day of fishing we only ended up with one walleye over 50cm and a 9 inch perch. I'd say the regs need to be changed. No reason these backwoods lakes couldn't support a 1 fish limit over 43 cm. Test netting has shown that the fish are basically stunted below the size limits. Too many fish, not enough food. When is Alberta Fisheries going to start managing fishing for balanced populations rather than overpopulation of walleye? I'm not sure I'll be spending my time in the backwoods on day trips anymore. Took a whole day to clean all the mud off the equipment.