Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Gregory trout/ bass fishing any good,* I might try to fish there today*

Default Gregory trout/ bass fishing any good,* I might try to fish there today*

I haven't caught a trout in general for over two years and just started bass fishing in June after not fishing for 2 years.By looking at the map the point nearby the parking lot looks very good and the info said that the state plants trout there on a regular basis. I'd love to not wait for a good 2 months to fish for trout in my local fishing ponds. I was originally gonna head to glen hellen for some large mouth bass but, looking upon the nearby lakes I saw that they had trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    I haven't caught a trout in general for over two years and just started bass fishing in June after not fishing for 2 years.By looking at the map the point nearby the parking lot looks very good and the info said that the state plants trout there on a regular basis. I'd love to not wait for a good 2 months to fish for trout in my local fishing ponds. I was originally gonna head to glen hellen for some large mouth bass but, looking upon the nearby lakes I saw that they had trout.
    Move around and be patient.i had to work for them last time. The fish are there.

Have not been to Gregory for couple years. It is a paid lake so you do have to pay for parking and fishing fees. The cove by the baseball field parking lot is a good spot when fish are being stocked during the colder months. The DFG website for their last trout stocking was in April. There are private stockings by the lake management supposedly throughout the year.

The dredging has created a much deeper and more likely good fishing spot by the ball fields. They are not stocked as much by the DFW to create a good fishery but when the management stocks fishing can be good for a couple weeks. Summer is not the time for Gregory unless you want to catch the plentiful carp in the lake.

I think they just started making people pay for parking this year at Lake Gregory. The signs said it was to fund raising trout in pens and other improvements to the fishery. The dredging is probably an example of that. I noticed it going on when I was last there.

There are trout in there year around, but they probably aren't biting much this time of year, and it has been years since I saw a bass there, but there are some. I usually catch crappie, bluegill and pumpkinseeds in the summer there, but they weren't biting much either when I was there. I did catch a 17 inch trout and a bullhead this May there. There are also a lot of carp milling around in some areas as Seal says. Good luck.