Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Got to fish Lake Arrowhead! Fishing report + Video

1. Default Got to fish Lake Arrowhead! Fishing report + Video

I got invited to fish Lake Arrowhead recently. Made the trip up the mountains and spent a few short hours casting from a dock that I was a guest at. Needed a key and everything.

Never fished this lake before, just heard drooling reports about it. Deep, crystal clear, has smallies and more. All true. The water at this dock dropped off 20ft+ in just a few short feet from the shore. Spent a lot of time trying drop shot, with only one small smallmouth bass and a few dink largemouths (one foul hooked) to show for it. Also threw crankbaits, jigs, and even a spybait (got a hit on it but didn't stick) during my time theree.

Absolutely beautiful lake, but very different from any I've fished in the area. Fortunately, I think I'll be back at some point! Expect more videos and reports in the future. Would be a nice place for a float tube, especially in the back bays around the docks. There is a trail that goes around part of the lake, but didn't get to check it out this time. There is a lot of boat traffic for the size of this lake, really keeps the docks bouncing around.

Also, props to the Arrowhead Sporting Goods store for (1) having an impressive selection (some stuff not even at Bass Pro Shops or Anglers Marina) and (2) being cool about discussing some other nearby bodies of water with wild fish.

Tight lines!

Very cool,I'd like to see some of the bigger models in there,haven't been there in many years,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Beautiful footage. I'm so jealous you got access. Great job

Congrats on gaining access. My wife grew up on that lake and I still can't get on it.

Creatures Texas rigged dark green colored and senkos in green/white color fly lined worked great in the past. Just have to slow your presentation down.

By the way, Deep creek is not far from there!

Tube baits fished under the docks money for smallmouth. Mostly because they are easy to skip under the docks and bounce off the dock walls.