Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

So essentially the 9th circuit's attempt to redefine the SCOTUS decision was discarded and overruled but liberals will claim that it was a victory none the less. There is really no other way to convey this than to say that they were 2#$# slapped because that's what it is. Well executed responses. LOL, the court was overruled by SCOTUS but your and LQ wanted to get technical and say that they were well within the law to do so. Sure they were, the 9th circus likes to offer left wing opinions that are struck down by the SC

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, the days where one could post a less than astute and ignorant or demeaning comment without backing it up are no longer. Those asinine posts are now met with a barrage of well executed responses, backed up by various sources, many of which may be too long to read for the fly overs, and are considered, 'fake news,' much like our current administration's angle.

So the original posters will usually resort to name calling, changing the subject, or creating straw man arguments.

For example, this post:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t-gets-Slapped!

From the get go, the original poster already had to censor themselves in the thread's title. Always a great start.

Then, they assume that nobody on this thread has any knowledge on our court systems, specifically the 9th Circuit Court (forgetting to look at the Sports section of the board, which already has a tounge-in-cheek parody in regards to the 9th Circuit, meaning that some of us perhaps may have some knowledge in our courty systems). So after original posters get their words thrown back at them, and not having any angle of escape, they bring up Cathy Griffin and Chelsea Manning.

Rinse, and repeat.

If really cornered, they'll bring in Benghazi or The Email Server.

Of course, now you have the advent of the new 'old' member, who vowed not to get into the discussions in General Discussion, but it's my hunch that getting into discussions in General Discussion is what got them banned in the first place (You can look that up those gems using the "search" feature) who post this:

....then posts in the General Discussion section, calling people 'internet cowboys,' thus

1. Not steering clear of General Discussion.
    2. Throwing tomatoes themselves.

So, as you can see, things haven't changed much. It's just that the thinkers on the forum somehow got fed up, and are now more adamant to back up their thoughts with logic and facts, unlike years past where xenophobic, racist, and classist remarks were often overlooked in General Discussion.

If you want a good primer on what you've missed, as Brent said, go look at this infamous thread:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84373-The-Confederate-Flag&highlight=Confederate

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Why is it, the GD section is the whipping boy around here for what's wrong with the Website???? The GD section is just like Vegas, what happens in the GD section, stays in the GD section. (it doesn't spill over to the fishing threads)

ghost2uu can you handle the truth, on why so many good reporters left???

It was for 4 main reasons.

1. Trump won the Presidential election. So many Republicans on here bashed Obama so much when he was President. When Trump won the Presidency and he immediately started acting like a fool. Those who supported him, couldn't defend his actions so they just left this website. (I could make a list of people who fell into that category)

As a side note, "DockRat" fits right in there. Here's me making a point what would happen if those Republicans stad on this website. DockRat put up a dozen times a GIF about Obama raising the national debt. (I didn't like it either) But he did it so the country didn't go into a Depression. Once the economy was righted, he then started to do correct the problem (when he left office the deficit was much smaller then it once was) Now here comes the Republicans who campaigned against the big deficit spending Obama did. (DockRat you voted for Trump for that reason) Now the Republicans are threatening to blow a even bigger hole in the National debt. (not for some noble reason like to avoid a Depression) But just to give Millionaires and Billionaires a "TAX CUT!!!" What do you have to say about that DockRat?????? He obliviously has no answer, so like so many other former FNN members who are Republicans. They just leave the website, instead of being put on the spot with no where to go!!!! Thanks Lefty for bringing up DockRat!!! (he made a perfect example of what I was trying to say)

2. This is the most important reason. A group of people who were once all friends (I won't name any names but it's easy to figure out who I'm talking about) had a falling out and split the people into 2 groups. (who then kinda hated each other) One by one for different reasons, totally unrelated to the GD section they dropped out from this website, till there was only 1 group left. The leader of that group tried crapping on one of my fishing threads. (for no good reason) He then got dog piled on by some of the other GD members (fishing related logic) and in disgust he then took his marbles to Facebook!!! That's really what happened!!!

3. From an Ocean fishing report stand point, it's not El Nino anymore!!! There is still plenty of fish to be caught offshore or at the Islands. But that's for the people with a fat wallet. 2 years ago me and my fishing partner caught 80 Big coastal Yellowtail. We paid as little as $25 to go fishing for them. Last year and this year, none of that was available. (So less Ocean fish reports from everybody)

4.The pay lakes all closed or got ruined by an over population of Shad. Corona Lake (Closed.) Irvine Lake (Closed untill further notice.) LNL taken over by the County. (it's not the same) SARL infested by Shad. Those 4 lakes also use to produce a lot of fish reports!!

So "NO" the GD section has little to do with a drop in fish reports on FNN!!! It's just a convenient scape goat around here with people who don't want to see the truth!!!
    You forgot Hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    You forgot Hooked.
    Hook was a strange enigma to some people. You I DS Brent Lefty the real heart of this place thought he was completely Insane!!!! Yet his Lumber Liquidators thread had over 30,000 views. WingNut said when he got banned, "I'm sorry to see him go I liked him." Yes he was crazy to many of us, but there were other's thought there was something special to his madness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    That post wasn't meant for one person it was meant for all the political BS posters on this website. This section is a cancer, this is a fishing website, if there were political implications that affected fishing I'd be all over it. So many places for these obsessed individuals to get their political rocks off on. Why pollute a fishing website with this crap? Nobody changes any opinions, nobody provides educational material that the other side is going to buy into, total waste of space and not a positive in any way for FNN's future success.

The powers that be have determined that it is for some reason a necessity, I disagree completely and wish they would change their minds and axe the GD section.
    Seal
    This is the General Discussion Forum. If you want fishing information, all you have to do is click on another section and NOT the General Discussion. There are a whole bunch of other sections that are nothing but fishing and everyone is cordial on them, even people that do not agree in the General Discussion. You keep going back to these 'political' posts and commenting, but nobody is forcing you to. Should we get rid of the Sports Section because it's not 'fishing' related. C'mon, even you have to admit that the political climate these days is nothing like any of us have ever seen before in our lives, so yes, there will be discussion about it. It affects ALL of us, right or left or anywhere in between or outside. Do I agree with everything the democrats do? H?ll to the no I don't. Do I agree with the republicans......not if I want to see a livable planet for my children and grandchildren. Can't do it. I do however agree with some things the republicans propose, but in general I find them very bad for the working man and our entire planets well being.
    It's money/profit above ALL else for them and if you can't see that I'm sorry.
    Cutting off medical coverage for up to 30 million people while boosting military by trillions of dollars should scare the crap of everyone. They know war and that's all they know. It's not their kids going to war either, it's ours.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    That post wasn't meant for one person it was meant for all the political BS posters on this website. This section is a cancer, this is a fishing website, if there were political implications that affected fishing I'd be all over it. So many places for these obsessed individuals to get their political rocks off on. Why pollute a fishing website with this crap? Nobody changes any opinions, nobody provides educational material that the other side is going to buy into, total waste of space and not a positive in any way for FNN's future success.

The powers that be have determined that it is for some reason a necessity, I disagree completely and wish they would change their minds and axe the GD section.
    Once again. It is literally as easy as. Don't go into the GD section if it bothers you that much. Stay on the fishing sections. Nobody in those is political at all. It's about fishing. The GD section is actually a good place to discuss political topics as long as you're VERY prepared and have your "facts" straight. Just saying that something is 'fake news' does not make it so. There's more to it than that and the comment about "facts" goes for both sides, not just the right.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So essentially the 9th circuit's attempt to redefine the SCOTUS decision was discarded and overruled but liberals will claim that it was a victory none the less. There is really no other way to convey this than to say that they were 2#$# slapped because that's what it is. Well executed responses. LOL, the court was overruled by SCOTUS but your and LQ wanted to get technical and say that they were well within the law to do so. Sure they were, the 9th circus likes to offer left wing opinions that are struck down by the SC
    Since I see that you're a fan of Kathy Griffin, did you get a load of this one?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/21/inve...cut/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Funny that you weren't saying this when DockRat was posting insulting images and cartoons of the current president of this time on a daily basis, and individuals were rocking their confederate flag avatars. You didn't seem to mind then.

It seems to me your animosity towards General Discussion began around the time your political counterparts departed. (And it seems that you also went from being 'hard right' and wearing it on your sleeve to a 'middle-of-the-roader' now.)

But I'm sure the timing is just coincidence.
    This is how I feel now and how I've felt for a while DS. I suppose it is directly related to the ridiculous amount of political "stories" that the press is inundating us with these days. I need an escape, I believe many need an escape. I had thought that once that damn election was over this would simmer down and we'd get a little break, boy was I wrong!!!

Once again do not lump me into any side please!!! I am nothing if not independent in my thought process and I will not ever allow myself to be polarized on one side or the other, there are a few of us out there but we are so sick of the crap we are just going to go about living our lives so don't count on much input from us we realize it's a complete waste of time. Come on you have to know there is absolutely no gain from either side, nobody is going to change their opinions and nobody is going to treat others with any respect. Once again the wheels on the bus go round and round, nothing is going to come of it, a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Yes, ETucker, I agree with you. I don't do this to argue with the people on the site. I do it to present information and ideas that others will see. Politics is too important now for people to be apathetic. In a site such as this, I think there needs to be a General Discussion section, and politics needs to be a part of that. It affects everybody. Of course, if we want to discuss the fishing implications of politics, that is fine with me. How about the effect of climate change on fishing? How about the effect of Trump withdrawing from the Paris Treaty on fishing? How about the effect of deregulating polluting businesses on fishing?
    Climate change is another impossible topic although one I could actually hang with you scholars on but I am afraid that once you take a contrarian opinion the same result will occur, it will inevitably lead to insults. I have found that even a small disagreement that may not in any way indicate you do not buy into climate change will be returned with insults about your intelligence level. This is the state of our country right now, as with any topic their is a middle ground where most likely the real truth lies but most either buy the whole enchilada or none of it. Once again I will fall into that middle ground where logic and reason are most likely found.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Seal
    This is the General Discussion Forum. If you want fishing information, all you have to do is click on another section and NOT the General Discussion. There are a whole bunch of other sections that are nothing but fishing and everyone is cordial on them, even people that do not agree in the General Discussion. You keep going back to these 'political' posts and commenting, but nobody is forcing you to. Should we get rid of the Sports Section because it's not 'fishing' related. C'mon, even you have to admit that the political climate these days is nothing like any of us have ever seen before in our lives, so yes, there will be discussion about it. It affects ALL of us, right or left or anywhere in between or outside. Do I agree with everything the democrats do? H?ll to the no I don't. Do I agree with the republicans......not if I want to see a livable planet for my children and grandchildren. Can't do it. I do however agree with some things the republicans propose, but in general I find them very bad for the working man and our entire planets well being.
    It's money/profit above ALL else for them and if you can't see that I'm sorry.
    Cutting off medical coverage for up to 30 million people while boosting military by trillions of dollars should scare the crap of everyone. They know war and that's all they know. It's not their kids going to war either, it's ours.
    Politics has invaded every thread of our existence, you are completely incorrect in my opinion that it does not invade the other sections of this site. It is inevitable and has occurred numerous times before on this site that the fights bleed over into the other sections. Their are millions of spots to get your political and world views expressed on.

Just like all opinions on the GD section this is my opinion and that of many others. Get rid of it!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    4.The pay lakes all closed or got ruined by an over population of Shad.
    Shad ruins fishing? Thank you for that, I needed a good laugh!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast