Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

I'm out, you all can continue your political bs, I'm going fishing tomorrow.
    I won't post a report. I'm not going to reply to anything, I'm done with this site. It's a shame, I came back on this board with the thought if I go to a lake and post a report, I'd encourage others to do the same. You guys are assholes. I don't want to fish with assholes. I want to encourage commoradity, that isn't possible on this site anymore. It was at one time, but that was long ago. Goodbye a s s h o l e s. ,Sortasober out

Not edited. Go f yourselves. Bunch of whiny bitches. F d up this site. No wonder why people just lurk here.
    Look at yourselves.

Out, don't pm me

Exactly why this site is dead. The political vomit from both sides that a few members spit all over this page. Guess what no one gives a **** what you think! We are all here because we love fishing not another Darkshadow/Lady Quagga rant.

To the contrary, if there is a problem with this site, it is more due to rants like the one by sortasober. Seems drunk to me.

In my opinion the biggest problem is that most fisher people do not like sharing information. Nothing is stopping anyone from posting a report, but people are afraid of having their fishing spots and methods known too widely. it's not about camaraderie for most people. If I posted a report, I shared all kinds of information, much like etucker. I thought that's what the site was here for and I didn't notice my spots being deluged with lurkers and copycats. I am still that way. Not so for what I have seen from most others. Plus, I might say that I kept a few fish to eat, and would get blasted for that. And I was tired and had things to do. But I don't mind saying what I caught on what bait or lure, where and when I caught it. Fishing changes everyday anyway. If you aren't willing to share, there isn't much left to talk about.

Looking at the number of viewers, this section has far more than other sections, so no, I do not think politics is scaring people away.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 09-21-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    Not edited. Go f yourselves. Bunch of whiny bitches. F d up this site. No wonder why people just lurk here.
    Look at yourselves.
    We're the whiny bitches??????
    SMDH
    Nobody forces you to come on these pages. There's a lot of fishing sections on here where everyone is actually nice to each other and the political references are put aside.
    I keep seeing people go into GD go into the political post and start in with everyone and then get mad when they get push back.
    As a matter of fact, just go into the GD and look at the thread about GSD (German Shepard Dogs). There's not a political reference anywhere, just a mutual love for dogs. Fishing is no different.
    Advice. Stay out of the political sections. Quit blaming everyone else for your inability to stop clicking on these threads.
    I myself have to leave them alone as well sometimes, but it won't dictate when or where I post.
    I kinda look at it like you would be the guy that complains and gets road rage about traffic and then slow down to look at the accident/flat tire etc. and cuts people off causing the traffic that you're complaining about.
    More advice. Look at yourself as well.
    Last edited by Brent; 09-22-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    To the contrary, if there is a problem with this site, it is more due to rants like the one by sortasober. Seems drunk to me.

In my opinion the biggest problem is that most fisher people do not like sharing information. Nothing is stopping anyone from posting a report, but people are afraid of having their fishing spots and methods known too widely. it's not about camaraderie for most people. If I posted a report, I shared all kinds of information, much like etucker. I thought that's what the site was here for and I didn't notice my spots being deluged with lurkers and copycats. I am still that way. Not so for what I have seen from most others. Plus, I might say that I kept a few fish to eat, and would get blasted for that. And I was tired and had things to do. But I don't mind saying what I caught on what bait or lure, where and when I caught it. Fishing changes everyday anyway. If you aren't willing to share, there isn't much left to talk about.

Looking at the number of viewers, this section has far more than other sections, so no, I do not think politics is scaring people away.
    Agree 100%.

I don't care what party you relate to when it comes to fishing. I have friends that are republicans, albeit they are a bit ashamed of our current presidents actions, they are staunch republicans none the less. We have spirited debates and then we go fishing or camping and no politics is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    We have spirited debates and then we go fishing or camping and no politics is allowed.
    Oh so no political debates rules apply when you go camping and fishing but you do not want those same rules to apply on a FISHING website where the reason for membership is I would think the topic of fishing. GOT IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Oh so no political debates rules apply when you go camping and fishing but you do not want those same rules to apply on a FISHING website where the reason for membership is I would think the topic of fishing. GOT IT!!!
    Again for those who can't comprehend. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO INTO THESE THREADS! There are a lot of other "Fishing Sections" where there are ZERO political post, so once again it is self inflicted anger.
    Go into almost any fishing forum and most you'll find a General Discussion or Off Topic Section. One site I follow in Texas even has a warning on the forum that "Do not enter if you are easily offended" Do we have to put that up for you?
    I would hope not Seal. You never struck me as the easily offended type.
    Trust me. Some of the southern sites are just as bad the other direction and no matter what facts you post, you'l just get assaulted and shouted down with insults, but I don't take it personally or get angry, I just click back to the fishing reports and problem solved.
    Last edited by Brent; 09-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Again for those who can't comprehend. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO INTO THESE THREADS! There are a lot of other "Fishing Sections" where there are ZERO political post, so once again it is self inflicted anger.
    See you make a perfect example of why this should not be here. That is a bit of an insult, guess your are calling me dumb for not agreeing with you. I have a difference of opinion and in your mind my comprehension skills suck.

This post is titled "Haven't been on FNN in a while". That is not a political title and as usual it turned political in this section. Some of you seem to think this section should be titled "Political BS only" so seems to me you politics addicts have hijacked a section of this site.

Anger? No just have a difference of opinion but a difference of opinion these days is met with insults and it happens on almost every thread in this section.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast