Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

Default Haven't Been on FNN for a while

Hello all. Haven't been on in a while let alone been fishing. Started picking up my sticks again and will report my Skinner trip next. I noticed there is not much repoting going on but a ton of users. What have I missed? When I went dark we had a section where only members could post and interact. Is that still here? Any advice and updates would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    Hello all. Haven't been on in a while let alone been fishing. Started picking up my sticks again and will report my Skinner trip next.
    Mstr fish, welcome back!

I noticed there is not much repoting going on but a ton of users. What have I missed?
    Oh boy, can of worms time. This should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Mstr fish, welcome back!

Oh boy, can of worms time. This should be good.
    Any one else want to comment first on this subject??? (really more of a confession) Before I write one of my long winded speeches on the subject!!! lol

The GD Section has become quite political these days as you can imagine.
    You should get some popcorn and go back and read through some of the older topics. Quite entertaining.
    One of the classics is 'Confederate Flag' posted around May 2015. Funny how some of those guys disappeared after the elections, but hey what are you gonna do?

Welcome back and enjoy fishing as often as possible!

What have I missed?
    Well, the days where one could post a less than astute and ignorant or demeaning comment without backing it up are no longer. Those asinine posts are now met with a barrage of well executed responses, backed up by various sources, many of which may be too long to read for the fly overs, and are considered, 'fake news,' much like our current administration's angle.

So the original posters will usually resort to name calling, changing the subject, or creating straw man arguments.

For example, this post:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t-gets-Slapped!

From the get go, the original poster already had to censor themselves in the thread's title. Always a great start.

Then, they assume that nobody on this thread has any knowledge on our court systems, specifically the 9th Circuit Court (forgetting to look at the Sports section of the board, which already has a tounge-in-cheek parody in regards to the 9th Circuit, meaning that some of us perhaps may have some knowledge in our courty systems). So after original posters get their words thrown back at them, and not having any angle of escape, they bring up Cathy Griffin and Chelsea Manning.

Rinse, and repeat.

If really cornered, they'll bring in Benghazi or The Email Server.

Of course, now you have the advent of the new 'old' member, who vowed not to get into the discussions in General Discussion, but it's my hunch that getting into discussions in General Discussion is what got them banned in the first place (You can look that up those gems using the "search" feature) who post this:

Quote Originally Posted by Libslapper View Post
    I will simply steer clear of the general discussion section. Too many tomatoes being thrown in there by internet tough guys.
    ....then posts in the General Discussion section, calling people 'internet cowboys,' thus

1. Not steering clear of General Discussion.
    2. Throwing tomatoes themselves.

So, as you can see, things haven't changed much. It's just that the thinkers on the forum somehow got fed up, and are now more adamant to back up their thoughts with logic and facts, unlike years past where xenophobic, racist, and classist remarks were often overlooked in General Discussion.

If you want a good primer on what you've missed, as Brent said, go look at this infamous thread:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84373-The-Confederate-Flag&highlight=Confederate

What you mention in this response, Mr. Shadow, is exactly why I determined that I should reappear on these General Discussion threads, to help provide substance to the progressive side along with my allies (such as you, etucker, LQ, and Brent among others) as a very experienced and knowledgeable progressive host online.

And yes, I do fish too. ;)

Thanks for the reponses. I was not trying to stir up any dirt or negativity. I was just searching members that helped me along the way with tips and suggestions.. I noticed that some of them are no longer active for whatever reason. Most of them fueled the desire for me to get out and fish as I had when I was a kid. Unfortunately life (career) had taken over and I had to sit the lines down. I originally found this site and was attracted to the many fishing reports and members sharing general information. Not to mention the few I was able to meet in person. I just want to fish. Will be heading out again next week and will be sure to share with you all.

Etucks,

I know you have thousands of lurkers hitting you up for catfish spots, but can you clear your PMs?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Etucks,

I know you have thousands of lurkers hitting you up for catfish spots, but can you clear your PMs?
    Inbox is now clear!

Thanks for the reponses. I was not trying to stir up any dirt or negativity. I was just searching members that helped me along the way with tips and suggestions.. I noticed that some of them are no longer active for whatever reason. Most of them fueled the desire for me to get out and fish as I had when I was a kid. Unfortunately life (career) had taken over and I had to sit the lines down. I originally found this site and was attracted to the many fishing reports and members sharing general information. Not to mention the few I was able to meet in person. I just want to fish. Will be heading out again next week and will be sure to share with you all.
    Hit up members via PM!

Still a great way to share specific bites without divulging information.

Lurkers are hard to avoid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast