Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hit up members via PM!

Still a great way to share specific bites without divulging information.
    Except DS. Don't hit him up. He'll end up sending you to some obscure creek in the high Sierras, and we'll end up having to dig you out like Jack Nicolson in The Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    That was ONCE and you did catch a few trouser trout, didnt you? You lose a pinky due to frost bite and now i have to hear about it forever?

You know how much money you can make with 7 fingers and two thumbs?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, the days where one could post a less than astute and ignorant or demeaning comment without backing it up are no longer. Those asinine posts are now met with a barrage of well executed responses, backed up by various sources, many of which may be too long to read for the fly overs, and are considered, 'fake news,' much like our current administration's angle.

So the original posters will usually resort to name calling, changing the subject, or creating straw man arguments.

For example, this post:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t-gets-Slapped!

From the get go, the original poster already had to censor themselves in the thread's title. Always a great start.

Then, they assume that nobody on this thread has any knowledge on our court systems, specifically the 9th Circuit Court (forgetting to look at the Sports section of the board, which already has a tounge-in-cheek parody in regards to the 9th Circuit, meaning that some of us perhaps may have some knowledge in our courty systems). So after original posters get their words thrown back at them, and not having any angle of escape, they bring up Cathy Griffin and Chelsea Manning.

Rinse, and repeat.

If really cornered, they'll bring in Benghazi or The Email Server.

Of course, now you have the advent of the new 'old' member, who vowed not to get into the discussions in General Discussion, but it's my hunch that getting into discussions in General Discussion is what got them banned in the first place (You can look that up those gems using the "search" feature) who post this:

....then posts in the General Discussion section, calling people 'internet cowboys,' thus

1. Not steering clear of General Discussion.
    2. Throwing tomatoes themselves.

So, as you can see, things haven't changed much. It's just that the thinkers on the forum somehow got fed up, and are now more adamant to back up their thoughts with logic and facts, unlike years past where xenophobic, racist, and classist remarks were often overlooked in General Discussion.

If you want a good primer on what you've missed, as Brent said, go look at this infamous thread:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84373-The-Confederate-Flag&highlight=Confederate
    Wow....Read you're entire post. As I go back through, I see strange things. Some of these things include you doing EXACTLY what you are claiming. I see asinine responses that are backed up by opinion or no data at all. I see references to the Huff and Washington Post as if they are actually legitimate media organizations with qualified, unbiased journalists. (BTW they have no journalists) I see you and the other liberal posters frequently deflect from the topic at hand and begin name calling while accusing others of name calling. I think Benghazi, e-mail servers, Chelsea Manning, Kathy Griffin, and other libpuke mentioned because you and others seem to consistently refuse to directly address the topic, instead coming up with a tasteless deflection. Typical of the democratic party. Your entire post here seems to be one large example of that. You seem to portray everyone else who has an opinion different from yours as ignorant or predictive while you are superior? Signs of a narcissist. Have you simply run everyone else off of the board who might disagree with you? Has it ever occurred to you that you and the shark lady make most of the posts in the general discussion forum? That should tell you something. I'm surprised others don't see it. Again, internet tough guys. I posted a couple of legitimate stories that portray liberals less than favorably and I get called a troll? What a laugh. SMH. You have some splaining to do Lucy.

Yawn..........

Wheels on the bus go round and round.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yawn..........

Wheels on the bus go round and round.
    Don't mind libslapper, Seal. He's been in the doghouse for a while.

That's what I thought! Crickets.... LOL

Short Answer: Most of the serious anglers left after Dark Shadow and crew turned this into a political fight website.

What also drove some off was being proved as racist and also that some of what we were telling them just so happened to be true and they couldn't take it. Oh yea, let's not forget the rambling babbling board idiot that got himself run off by making personal attacks. Not everyone on here is extreme and by the way, this is a general discussion forum and the topics can vary widely, but with the current administration and the whole circus that was the 2016 election, it gets brought up quite often. Don't be like the rest of the people that prefer to lump everyone together because it's easier. There's way too many things wrong with the GOP right now to start and there's also a lot of idiots in the DNC as well. They're politicians, except for the lost businessman trying to find his way around our government and sending junior high school tweets, but I digress. Bottom line. Put your point and they'll put theirs......sometimes....maybe.....kinda sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Short Answer: Most of the serious anglers left after Dark Shadow and crew turned this into a political fight website.
    If you don't care for the political stuff, then why are you going into GD and looking at it?
    There's a lot of good posts about fishing. The GD is just for that, General Discussion. Don't say that something you were not forced to look at ruined the board (for you). I think I know who you're referring to as "serious anglers" and I find that insulting and downright stupid. And why leave? Nobody is making you participate in anything on here. Stick to the fishing sections and outa site outa mind. Nobody makes any kind of bad or political remarks in the fishing sections. Even people that go back and forth with each other in here are very cordial on the sections. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Sorry, ghost2uu, that people now respond to the remarks that were left unsaid before.

If you have an opinion, we'd love to hear it.

Although there's something that tells me that you'd rather not get into the discussion, for whatever reason it may be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast