Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Short Answer: Most of the serious anglers left after Dark Shadow and crew turned this into a political fight website.
    Why is it, the GD section is the whipping boy around here for what's wrong with the Website???? The GD section is just like Vegas, what happens in the GD section, stays in the GD section. (it doesn't spill over to the fishing threads)

ghost2uu can you handle the truth, on why so many good reporters left???

It was for 4 main reasons.

1. Trump won the Presidential election. So many Republicans on here bashed Obama so much when he was President. When Trump won the Presidency and he immediately started acting like a fool. Those who supported him, couldn't defend his actions so they just left this website. (I could make a list of people who fell into that category)

As a side note, "DockRat" fits right in there. Here's me making a point what would happen if those Republicans stad on this website. DockRat put up a dozen times a GIF about Obama raising the national debt. (I didn't like it either) But he did it so the country didn't go into a Depression. Once the economy was righted, he then started to do correct the problem (when he left office the deficit was much smaller then it once was) Now here comes the Republicans who campaigned against the big deficit spending Obama did. (DockRat you voted for Trump for that reason) Now the Republicans are threatening to blow a even bigger hole in the National debt. (not for some noble reason like to avoid a Depression) But just to give Millionaires and Billionaires a "TAX CUT!!!" What do you have to say about that DockRat?????? He obliviously has no answer, so like so many other former FNN members who are Republicans. They just leave the website, instead of being put on the spot with no where to go!!!! Thanks Lefty for bringing up DockRat!!! (he made a perfect example of what I was trying to say)

2. This is the most important reason. A group of people who were once all friends (I won't name any names but it's easy to figure out who I'm talking about) had a falling out and split the people into 2 groups. (who then kinda hated each other) One by one for different reasons, totally unrelated to the GD section they dropped out from this website, till there was only 1 group left. The leader of that group tried crapping on one of my fishing threads. (for no good reason) He then got dog piled on by some of the other GD members (fishing related logic) and in disgust he then took his marbles to Facebook!!! That's really what happened!!!

3. From an Ocean fishing report stand point, it's not El Nino anymore!!! There is still plenty of fish to be caught offshore or at the Islands. But that's for the people with a fat wallet. 2 years ago me and my fishing partner caught 80 Big coastal Yellowtail. We paid as little as $25 to go fishing for them. Last year and this year, none of that was available. (So less Ocean fish reports from everybody)

4.The pay lakes all closed or got ruined by an over population of Shad. Corona Lake (Closed.) Irvine Lake (Closed untill further notice.) LNL taken over by the County. (it's not the same) SARL infested by Shad. Those 4 lakes also use to produce a lot of fish reports!!

So "NO" the GD section has little to do with a drop in fish reports on FNN!!! It's just a convenient scape goat around here with people who don't want to see the truth!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.