Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Haven't Been on FNN for a while

Go back and read thru this thread. The guy was making a statement about participation and somehow you thought he might want to peruse thru the political threads. This section is not owned by you and the rest of the political debate team.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    See you make a perfect example of why this should not be here. That is a bit of an insult, guess your are calling me dumb for not agreeing with you. I have a difference of opinion and in your mind my comprehension skills suck.

This post is titled "Haven't been on FNN in a while". That is not a political title and as usual it turned political in this section. Some of you seem to think this section should be titled "Political BS only" so seems to me you politics addicts have hijacked a section of this site.

Anger? No just have a difference of opinion but a difference of opinion these days is met with insults and it happens on almost every thread in this section.
    Well I hope I'm not lumped into the Political BS only "people" of the GD section. I really like the Human interest stuff a lot!! There is one person on here that excels at that kind of thread. I could never match him, so I thought about doing a little more humorous version of everyday life. (Inspired by Al Bundy on his trip to London England.) They had a place in that episode that I hope really exist called speakers corner. Where anyone could talk about anything that was on his mind!!

I like to send my sincere apologies for a 6 page thread on an innocent question I asked. My only intentions was to get a general update on a couple things (fishing). I assumed that the general discussion forum would be the proper place to ask the question. Although I have heard of many spots being ransacked etc I myself have not done so nor will I ever. I had really enjoyed the many fishing reports in my time. I am always willing to share general information and pics when possible. I look at it as a way to communicate with others that share my interest. I have over 150 employees and a select few like to fish. My old crew I fished with are in different occupations and generally our days off don't coincide. The gentleman in my last Skinner report just moved here from the East Coast and fished religiously there. There are techniques and spots I wouldn't dare try but he has shown me otherwise. Considering I make his schedule it is easy for us to get out together and do the some of the things we like to do FISH!!

Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    I like to send my sincere apologies for a 6 page thread on an innocent question I asked. My only intentions was to get a general update on a couple things (fishing). I assumed that the general discussion forum would be the proper place to ask the question. Although I have heard of many spots being ransacked etc I myself have not done so nor will I ever. I had really enjoyed the many fishing reports in my time. I am always willing to share general information and pics when possible. I look at it as a way to communicate with others that share my interest. I have over 150 employees and a select few like to fish. My old crew I fished with are in different occupations and generally our days off don't coincide. The gentleman in my last Skinner report just moved here from the East Coast and fished religiously there. There are techniques and spots I wouldn't dare try but he has shown me otherwise. Considering I make his schedule it is easy for us to get out together and do the some of the things we like to do FISH!!
    No apologies needed mstr fish.
    Most people on here get very defensive regarding political subjects, but you'll find the fishing report sections are free of political bs.
    If you're looking at Lake Skinner I would suggest taking a look at the Skinner reports and it seems that P.A.W. would be the best person to try to connect with regarding Skinner. He fishes it regularly and knows his business.
    Good luck and yes you are correct that one little comment can set off a barrage of bs in the GD section and it is mostly thread hijacking. Some posts are directly political and meant to do that, but others like your start out with a fishing question and then morph into some crazy showdown at the OK Corral for some reason.
    If political stuff is not for you then my suggestion would be to stick to the fishing report sections and avoid GD, because as you see, one little smart *** remark by anyone and off it goes.
    Good luck and tight lines!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    See you make a perfect example of why this should not be here. That is a bit of an insult, guess your are calling me dumb for not agreeing with you. I have a difference of opinion and in your mind my comprehension skills suck.

This post is titled "Haven't been on FNN in a while". That is not a political title and as usual it turned political in this section. Some of you seem to think this section should be titled "Political BS only" so seems to me you politics addicts have hijacked a section of this site.

Anger? No just have a difference of opinion but a difference of opinion these days is met with insults and it happens on almost every thread in this section.
    Seal
    You're correct and I apologize for the way I worded that, but I still don't get why people go in here knowing what this section is and then complain about it. Just don't go into it. It really is that simple. There's ZERO useful fishing information and this is what the 'General Discussion' section is. It's for non fishing related topics, be it political or not. I believe there were a few not so closeted racist that became emboldened and started this whole thing way back and they have since left. They are the reason that you get the detailed responses to political topics. They accused everyone of 'fake news' to cover their racist views and everyone kind of piled on them and it hasn't stopped, so in a sense they opened the can of worms and then left when they were exposed. Politics I have no problem discussing and hearing everyone's views, but racism is an intolerable thing and needs to be wiped clean from our entire planet. Unfortunately the racists were right leaning and loved to 'try' to get into it with everyone and it didn't end well. I believe that the guys may have been somewhat ignorant to racism and didn't really understand what they were saying and doing and how offensive it can be to people.
    If they weren't ignorant, then they were just plain old racist ***holes.

And imagine, the bait will be, I am an old guy, and chose to post here instead of the Welcome thread!

everyone got sick of the skinheads and old perverts and left.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456