Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Noobie

Default Noobie

Hello everyone! I am new to this site/forum and new to fishing in general. I am from Riverside Ca, so I'm hoping maybe some of you out my way can help me. As I mentioned I am brand new to fishing, so I could use more than a few tips, but my main question is are there any good/decent spots for someone who is just starting out that you all might suggest in the riverside area (If you don't mind sharing) I was thinking of trying fairmount park, but I have read a few post on this park and I heard it's not the best, but maybe one of you all could give me more info? thanks in advance!

Fairmont is fun and free. Lots of structure and lots of things work at that park. I use a lot of jigs in that lake. Have fun and fish that sucka!

If you want to catch a Catfish, the San Bernadino county lakes are stocking them till the end of the month. It's a pay as you go thing, parking plus permit but they stock every Thursday. We are going to give it a go tomorrow again!!!

@WARRIORMIKE
    Thanks for the info! I will definitely give it a go. It's the park that is closest to me so that works. I'm going to try and get out this weekend.
    Last edited by ajr90; 09-13-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    If you want to catch a Catfish, the San Bernadino county lakes are stocking them till the end of the month. It's a pay as you go thing, parking plus permit but they stock every Thursday. We are going to give it a go tomorrow again!!!
    Hmm really that's good to know! What lakes specifically? I am open to going out there this weekend. I am open to whatever I can catch! Lol thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by ajr90 View Post
    Hmm really that's good to know! What lakes specifically? I am open to going out there this weekend. I am open to whatever I can catch! Lol thanks for the tip
    We are going tomorrow to Guasti Cucamonga. The other good lake closer to you would be Yucapi. If I was to fish there, I would fish the top lake with Gulp power bait in Chunky Cheese garlic or Shrimp.

Don't overlook Rancho Jurupa Park. Not free like Evan's Lake/Fairmont Park but considerably better taken care of. And if you can catch a stocking week! While you do have to pay to enter/fish the folks at the gate are really cool - stop by and they will tell you the stocking schedule. And there may be a crowd to get in the gate on stocking days at "Odark" (I always see everybody lined up the night before on Crestmore road outside the gate!) But everybody is pretty relaxed, even when crowded.

One tip I can give you is "observe closely " always take note of what other anglers are doing,especially those that are having success.
    In doing so you will capitalize on years of experience,in a few short hours,never be shy to say I'm new to this,what are guys using,doing,etc. when you get good info express gratitude,enjoy!

Cya Tuna Vic